Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
GridArt_20231024_081725743.jpg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Lasso Western Wear for a frosty morning:
View attachment 554620 View attachment 554621

Switched over to the Vanson C in the afternoon for a trip to the playground:
View attachment 554622

That Lasso western jacket is just too cool! It's very unique and it suits you extremely well!

@Whitters beautiful jacket. Fits you perfectly and the whole outfit is awesome. I wouldn't think to wear a grizzly with chucks, but man does it work.

A couple of photos of 2 of my '40s Sportclad jackets
View attachment 554668 View attachment 554669 View attachment 554667

2 very cool jackets that look perfect on you! Moving from Japanese replicas to vintage was an extremely good move. These fit you so much better than the Freewheelers stuff!

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
@Whitters beautiful jacket. Fits you perfectly and the whole outfit is awesome. I wouldn't think to wear a grizzly with chucks, but man does it work.

A couple of photos of 2 of my '40s Sportclad jackets
View attachment 554668 View attachment 554669 View attachment 554667
Very nice. The high rise jeans on the last picture go so well with the overall 40s look. If you made that picture in black and white or sepia and photoshopped in some scratches and grain you could fool a lot of people that the pic is from the 40s.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
That Lasso western jacket is just too cool! It's very unique and it suits you extremely well!

2 very cool jackets that look perfect on you! Moving from Japanese replicas to vintage was an extremely good move. These fit you so much better than the Freewheelers stuff!
Yup definitely. Freewheelers makes great patterns, but they didn't suit me. These vintage jackets fit me far better.
Very nice. The high rise jeans on the last picture go so well with the overall 40s look. If you made that picture in black and white or sepia and photoshopped in some scratches and grain you could fool a lot of people that the pic is from the 40s.
Thanks! That's the general direction my style is heading toward. I'm not that level of photoshop editor though.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Yes I think it's similar
Not sure if the leather is the same, this is the vintage pony.

I believe it´s the same pattern (all measurements are the same, so efficiency would dictate working from the same pattern...). The shirt comes in 4 or 5 different hides/thicknesses/tannings, so look and feel may very well differ.

@Whitters: How long have you been having this? Sizing as in: one up from your "usual" size (if there is a "usual", that is...)?

Whitters

One of the Regulars
I believe it´s the same pattern (all measurements are the same, so efficiency would dictate working from the same pattern...). The shirt comes in 4 or 5 different hides/thicknesses/tannings, so look and feel may very well differ.

@Whitters: How long have you been having this? Sizing as in: one up from your "usual" size (if there is a "usual", that is...)?
I got this last year and yes needed to size up from my usual 40.
It's a very thick hide, and still a little shiny, but I hope with wear it will settle down.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
ANOTHER Double Helix Deviant.. this time Size 42. With an 18" Shoulder and 22" P2P (I have a 41.5" chest), thought I nailed the fit and now saw myself with it with the iphone camera and having doubts. Will probably return it. Damn. What y'all think?

I had a 40 about a few months ago and thought it will give with wear. It did not. If horsehide is too small, it will be too small.

Attachments

• Closed.jpg
    Closed.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 166
  • DH Deviant.PNG
    DH Deviant.PNG
    847.6 KB · Views: 167
  • Open.jpg
    Open.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 151

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ANOTHER Double Helix Deviant.. this time Size 42. With an 18" Shoulder and 22" P2P (I have a 41.5" chest), thought I nailed the fit and now saw myself with it with the iphone camera and having doubts. Will probably return it. Damn. What y'all think?

I had a 40 about a few months ago and thought it will give with wear. It did not. If horsehide is too small, it will be too small.
At first glance, I think they are quite good. At second glance, I find the hem and underarms too wide. I think they should be tighter when the zips on the sleeves are closed. But as always, it's a matter of taste.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo