Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Unseasonably warmer temps are makin' like a tree and gettin' outta here, so one more day to enjoy some lighter leather:
20231116_152231.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Wow, looks like color 8. This is amazing. Pardon my ignorance, but what brand is JL?
Yes it's Horween #8, and JL is Johnson Leathers in San Fran.
Wow! Super nice trucker - the color (Cordovan?) is really special looking as is the zipper closure. Extremely nice grain on all panels. Lucky you - I'm jealous!
Yup, Cordovan color. You've got quite the truckers collection too, the navy Vicenza type3 with the copper donuts and caramel stitching is as good as it gets.

Whitters

One of the Regulars
That's lovely, you wear it well as ever. I quite fancy one of the B-15 MODELS, just need to decide which one as I know there's a few. Amen on the mouton, always adds a certain something doesn't it.
You flatter me sir, thank you.

I was undecided regarding the model too.
I love the colours of the c/d especially the darker Mouton but the shiny natural of the outer material scared me off.
(May look better on a younger guy!)
This one came up for a good price so the decision was made for me.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

^^ The split parallelograms and what I can see of the pick guard says Southern Jumbo, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a blonde one…. I’m no expert, but the bridge on the J-55 was the giveaway! Imagining your jacket and guitar collection keeps me awake most nights… haha
Yes, the batwing bridge on the J55 is the clue in that shot. The SJ should not be blonde, at least this one. Has a banner headstock and other oddities, but I believe an original finish. Purchased at my local guitar shop. Powerful mahogany guitar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot