Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Smoking a wet Cuban on a rainy West Coast trail. This Woolrich is awesome in the rain; warm, repels water and perfectly quiet compared to rain gear. What I thought was a " big, goofy and rounded collar" turns out to be a perfect design for this type of weather. I'm always amazed at the engineering of vintage clothing. They really knew what they were doing back in the day:)
PXL_20231219_220405864.MP.jpg

zebedee

One Too Many
Aero Plainsman in black jerky HH. It's a nice hide and very flexible. At first, I thought it would wear through to russet-ish, but it's much paler (as in the cuff edge). Over time, this darkens a bit. Overall effect is interesting, although it's a matter of wait and see.

The Plainsman itself is a great pattern.

Photo on 20-12-2023 at 2.38 PM.jpg Photo on 20-12-2023 at 2.38 PM #2.jpg

58panheadfan

One Too Many
What are the new boots?
Good eye but the aren't new... from 2021 season. It's a water proofed West Ride Engineer made from Scotchguard Steerhide means the inlay leather is soaked in a 3M Scotch Guard, which is known for its waterproof properties. The midsole uses EVA (Ethylenvinylacetat) sole instead of leather to improve the waterprofness. The half slip Mid Sole is double-layered from the arch to the heel, increasing waterproofness while further improving cushioning and weight reduction. Finished with a highly waterproof stitch down method. These are my winter engineer boots :)

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Good eye but the aren't new... from 2021 season. It's a water proofed West Ride Engineer made from Scotchguard Steerhide means the inlay leather is soaked in a 3M Scotch Guard, which is known for its waterproof properties. The midsole uses EVA (Ethylenvinylacetat) sole instead of leather to improve the waterprofness. The half slip Mid Sole is double-layered from the arch to the heel, increasing waterproofness while further improving cushioning and weight reduction. Finished with a highly waterproof stitch down method. These are my winter engineer boots :)
Super cool.
a much more fashionable version of these that i’ve been wearing.
3DEB4DF0-3686-486A-B4EF-758B66BFBDCC.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy