Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Three vintage '40s jackets arrived while I was in Mexico.

Golden Fleece leather and wool, brown Windward, and Sportclad black motorcycle jacket. They all fit quite well overall. The Golden Fleece sadly had been hung improperly so the shoulders are messed up, but hopefully they settle down a bit. If not, I may have to have a tailor add some padding or something. Otherwise, I'm thrilled with all the jackets. Even with the shoulder issues, the Golden Fleece is the most interesting jacket I've ever owned.

Ive got more pics and angles of each if needed, but this is probably already too many.
DSC03118.jpg
DSC03085 (1).jpg
DSC03099.jpg
DSC03159.jpg
DSC03264.jpg
DSC03294 (1).jpg
DSC03399 (1).jpg
DSC03363 (1).jpg
DSC03442 (1).jpg
DSC03318.jpg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

Golden Fleece leather and wool, brown Windward, and Sportclad black motorcycle jacket. They all fit quite well overall. The Golden Fleece sadly had been hung improperly so the shoulders are messed up, but hopefully they settle down a bit. If not, I may have to have a tailor add some padding or something. Otherwise, I'm thrilled with all the jackets. Even with the shoulder issues, the Golden Fleece is the most interesting jacket I've ever owned.

Ive got more pics and angles of each if needed, but this is probably already too many.
View attachment 578113 View attachment 578114 View attachment 578118 View attachment 578122 View attachment 578115 View attachment 578121 View attachment 578119 View attachment 578120 View attachment 578116 View attachment 578117
Homerun. All three are spectacular, congrats.

jeo

One Too Many

View attachment 578113 View attachment 578114 View attachment 578118 View attachment 578122 View attachment 578115 View attachment 578121 View attachment 578119 View attachment 578120 View attachment 578116 View attachment 578117

The Golden Fleece is absolutely stunning. All 3 fit perfect but the fit on that Sportclad takes the cake. Congrats man!

geedee

Familiar Face

congrats, man. all three of those are beauties - amazing!!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I bought a Lewis Leathers Dominator in black sheepskin today at The Stronghold in Venice, CA. I don't have pictures yet, but will post within the next week. It's a beauty of a jacket.

Well done! Cannot go wrong with a Dominator!

geedee

Familiar Face
I bought a Lewis Leathers Dominator in black sheepskin today at The Stronghold in Venice, CA. I don't have pictures yet, but will post within the next week. It's a beauty of a jacket.
wow, looking forward to seeing pics! i used to have a Corsair jacket a few years ago, I loved it; sadly I got too fat for it and sold it on......

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Homerun. All three are spectacular, congrats.

The Golden Fleece is absolutely stunning. All 3 fit perfect but the fit on that Sportclad takes the cake. Congrats man!

congrats, man. all three of those are beauties - amazing!!
Thanks, guys! Very happy with all three. The Golden Fleece is the most special, but I do believe the Sportclad is the best fit, though the Windward is quite good too. Somehow it's the only jacket I've ever owned that might have slightly too short sleeves on me which I didn't know was possible. Other than that and the body being slightly long, it's great.

Al 916

One Too Many
Thanks, guys! Very happy with all three. The Golden Fleece is the most special, but I do believe the Sportclad is the best fit, though the Windward is quite good too. Somehow it's the only jacket I've ever owned that might have slightly too short sleeves on me which I didn't know was possible. Other than that and the body being slightly long, it's great.
Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 19.02.28.png Rex club? (short sleeves required)

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Locally-sourced Brooks Leather with Triumph Motorcycle pins. I like the details on this simple, lightweight jacket, but I like the fit even better. The arms are actually long enough!

DSC_0154.JPG
DSC_0150.JPG

Now it's off to the washing machine with on "delicate" with some free & clear detergent, to see if we can help that mildew odor out a bit. Pins coming out, but will be retained. We'll see how it's doing in a week or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy