Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

TLW '90

Practically Family
Today I went with the 60's Woolrich barn jacket, this jacket is one of my favorites because it was the 1st vintage wool jacket I bought but it's a little too big so I don't wear it as much as I used to.
20240122_142249.jpg

About a year and a half ago I found one in my size NOS online for less than $150 and thought that was a little too much because this one was about $50.
I still kick myself for not buying it at that price.

Thankfully a lot of traditional wool plaid jackets naturally have a more generous fit so I can get away with this one, but I would like one that fits me a little better.

KBlake

One Too Many
Campus? Looks superb!!!
Yes! It’s great. Sleeves are a bit wide from elbow down but that’s to be expected right? Im tempted to send it to JL for tapering. There’s also a stitch holding the collar in place and I’m tempted to snip it but if it’s original that feels wrong. The lining will need work at some point and the chest pocket is missing a pull.

Yes! It’s great. Sleeves are a bit wide from elbow down but that’s to be expected right? Im tempted to send it to JL for tapering. There’s also a stitch holding the collar in place and I’m tempted to snip it but if it’s original that feels wrong. The lining will need work at some point and the chest pocket is missing a pull.
Don’t touch the sleeves!!! Looks perfect! The rest is an easy fix but man this jacket is tits. Look it over for needed repairs but don’t alter it. Fits you perfectly!

cbez

One Too Many
Don't look wide at all to me

You gotta see it from the side. View attachment 582935
Just don’t go to any tea parties. LOL. It’s a 50’s jacket. That’s the cut! Don’t let the style forum cancer ruin a great jacket for you. This is precisely how this jacket should fit and the sleeves are just as they should be. My campus jackets were just like that. They are beautiful 50’s cuts!
IMG_6490.jpeg

Excelled HB even more so:
IMG_7608.jpeg

Last edited:

KBlake

One Too Many
Just don’t go to any tea parties. LOL. It’s a 50’s jacket. That’s the cut! Don’t let the style forum cancer ruin a great jacket for you. This is precisely how this jacket should fit and the sleeves are just as they should be. My campus jackets were just like that. They are beautiful 50’s cuts!
View attachment 582947
Excelled HB even more so:
View attachment 582944
Those look great. How do I go about getting a chest puller like the ball and chain?
im obsessed with the cross zip. The fit is amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy