Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Khilij

One of the Regulars
Today was pretty cold, so I wore my Cathcart wool half belt. It's a fantastic jacket for the money and looks great! Can't wait for spring so I can start wearing leather again.

NielsLyhne

New in Town
IMG_7065.jpeg

Hello !

This is my Shangri-La Heritage Terracotta. I do quite like it.

Mandarin

Practically Family
Today was pretty cold, so I wore my Cathcart wool half belt. It's a fantastic jacket for the money and looks great! Can't wait for spring so I can start wearing leather again.
Just got one myself after seeing the one @Johnny Deadlifts got from @tmitchell59. Great value indeed. I found mine in the classifieds, through @J.Randall. Very smooth transaction. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Last edited:

NielsLyhne

New in Town
Very nice jacket. Can u tell me your general impressions concerning fit, feel and quality of the leather and craftsmanship. Did it fit TTS? Thx
Thanks !

Quality and craftsmanship seems very high to me, although I surely don’t have as trained an eye as many of you here.

Yes it did fit TTS, I’m usually a small or medium and got e small that fit my lanky, long limbed build perfectly.

The Nubuck is really soft and wearing in very nicely, I love the subtle lighter hue it takes on the creases. Lovely attention to details, pretty badges and logo’ed buttons and so on…

I don’t think that colour is displayed well on any of the pictures I’ve seen. It either seems too yellow or downright ochre (as on SLH’s website). I could snaps some pics for you should you need any.

I wore in a slight spot of rain yet I couldn’t find any mark on it.

The only thing that’s perhaps not quite right is that the lapels are sort of asymmetrical because the fold isn’t quite at the same height on both sides.

There’s as much leather on either side, but one side is curved differently and thus appears slightly longer.

Still, I’m surely the only one noticing and it doesn’t affect my enjoyment of the jacket.

Last edited:
Very nice. Is it the Schott?
No, just a no name 70’s type 3. This suede is actually thicker than both the Schott and the Jo-o-Kay, which I wouldn’t have thought possible! I didn’t really see this coming:
IMG_0416.jpeg

When I bought the Y’2 I thought I was good but that jacket didn’t scratch the itch I had for a suede type 3. But I look in my closet now and it just screams spectrum right in my face.

Last edited:

Viking752

Practically Family
Man I thought for sure you guys were going to beat the 49’s and bring the Lions to their first Super Bowl.
Haha, took me a minute to realize what you meant. I can see the similarities of hat design but my hat is The Black Dog tavern but looks like this Lions hat.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner