Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

First post here. Joined as I was about to buy the “perfect” leather jacket. After reading a lot of posts, opinions and looking at pictures I ended up with this! Rainbow Country “Allstate”.

That’s a really nice jacket. If so inclined, more pics please. Looks great.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 588410

Vintage Swedish suede/wool combo jacket arrived and it is glorious. The suede is actually a rough out - inside the pockets are the full grain top layer. Nicest suede I've ever handled. I know I don't look that happy in the picture but I am really looking forward to warmer weather so I can start wearing this.
That is a beauty! You look great!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
This model is currently reprduced by Norshor Leathers of Minneapolis. They had an original by Block Bilt and remade it, only difference with this one is the sleeve closure.
Please visit their site: https://www.norshorleatherjackets.com/jackets/sztn8l7eq6saudnmslv1nemixxss80
Too cold to wear it today but its a great unlined jacket for the warmer days, vintage sized (and cut) and length, Conmar zipper.
IMG_3259.jpg
IMG_3267.jpg
IMG_3275.jpg
IMG_3289.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Wearing a wool Cathcart today sold to me by the Legend of Leather, the Wiseman of Wool, the Ayatollah of Vintagollah, Mr. Terry Mitchell @tmitchell59 :). A good fit and a comfortable wear. Always a pleasure purchasing items from long standing, elder statesman on TFL. I get a great sense of security knowing that true "guru's" have had interest in the items being sold and that the items have had a good going over by someone who knows what they are doing. Thanks Terry:) View attachment 588485
First of all you are welcome! The jacket looks perfect on you. That is is a great compliment to you and the jacket. I can take little credit for the jacket, I just sold it.

I can say this.

I have a collection of the "originals" and this jacket holds it's own in many ways, not just price, but quality and most importantly, fit.

You got it all in this one simple, inexpensive purchase.

Thanks for sharing your picture and for you gracious thoughts.

That’s such a cool and original little hobby that your son has; those times together sharing his passion are precious, enjoy!

Thank you for that. We have fun. The best is when he explains to a curious facility manager or security guard why he is on an elevator for an extended time video recording. Normally he gets a tour in areas or elevators not open to public. When the cops have arrived, I do the talking lol.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy