Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Awesome color!

I'm pretty curious to see the aging when breaking' her in.

Yes, me too!

There are Insta-Videos of TJ from "The Shop Vancouver" in the jacket after four months. There clearly is a lot of potential in that lether.
I have a tendency to baby my jackets (probably a childhood things, that I do not want to waste expensive items...), so all that takes a while longer for me.

I have read a lot of good things about Persimmon-dyed hides, so I wanted to see what the fuss is about. So far, I really like what I see, and I am really curious about colour-development with exposure to sun, rain etc.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I’m looking forward to the development. Looks like a very nice jacket.

Thank you!

Full diclosure: The jacket is not super-functional yet, as I just cannot button it up. The hide is pretty substantial, and so far the botton holes are unyielding. I do a dry-run with the jacket lying flat every evening to loosen them up, but even that gives me sore fingertips...

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Thank you!

Full diclosure: The jacket is not super-functional yet, as I just cannot button it up. The hide is pretty substantial, and so far the botton holes are unyielding. I do a dry-run with the jacket lying flat every evening to loosen them up, but even that gives me sore fingertips...
I hate that. I have a pair of 22-oz canvas pants that are 2 years old, but even now give me sore fingers. Luckily leather is stretchable, so it will either resolve by itself or you can probably stretch the button holes slightly when wet.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Love it @Tom71 , I have my eye on the navy steerhide version.

Are you making any progress with the Anniversary Bullhide?

It´s a great jacket for sure. Only thing I would change is to add an inside pockt. The patch pockets are good, but for travel etc. I would love the extra security for wallet, , phone, passport etc.

The Bull did see a lot of wear. It´s actually pretty easy wearing given it´s thickness. I have gotten lazy with pictures though...

Last edited:

ChrisDamned

Familiar Face
Today I brought out my 115 perfecto in this beautiful dark brown. the fit of this jacket is fabulous. One of my favorites ❤️

IMG_20240221_200840869~2.jpg

Yamahana

One Too Many
Unlabeled suede 30’s button up, excellent condition considering its age.
I love wearing this one.
IMG_8829.jpeg
IMG_8781.jpeg
IMG_8870.jpeg
IMG_8871.jpeg

The farm I’m working at today on the banks of the Gila dates back to the 1800’s. The original walls of this barn dates to then. They cut the Malapi rock into blocks to build the walls.
Twas some tough men and women who settled this harsh country back in the day.
IMG_8883.jpeg
IMG_8886.jpeg

milandro

A-List Customer
C&A Pilot Jacket (pictures from internet, mine is more brown and not worn at the seams as the one in the pictures), I have recently upgraded the faux fur collar with a fox fur.

I didn't like the faux fur at all while the rest of the jacket is great .

It was done by a furrier. I had expected this to be an easy job but it turned out to be way more complex than I thought.

expand the pic by clicking if you so wish
follow up on my post

This was a similar jacket from C&A witha faux fur collar

1708596995414.png

and this is the result

1708597225824.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails