Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Where is your Scott type 3?!?!?!?

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 15.10.05.png

It has already left Amsterdam three time since the 20th of February so who knows. It's about to drive me insane :(

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
Interesting! I have the same label woolie, but mine has a Talon zipper, dated to January 1942.

View attachment 596724
View attachment 596725
View attachment 596727
View attachment 596728
View attachment 596729

So looks like ACME made jackets for both US and Canadian market.
IMG_4670.jpeg

I’ve actually just noticed that this one is Labelled both “Lightening” and “Canada”, which I haven’t seen.

I LOVE yours….plaid is great, but Navy/Black wool is my favourite for sure.

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
I bought this 2022 Horsehide Langlitz a few weeks ago. When it first arrived it appeared brand new, and I don’t know what it was, but I didn’t love it.

A few weeks later, and some pretty rough treatment, and we’re beginning to understand each other.

I’ve never had a new leather jacket; I’ve brought many back from the dead, but never had to beat one until I like it.

IMG_4684.jpeg

zebedee

One Too Many
Simmons Bilt black goat Klondike. Olive stitching, chest pocket altered to remove outer cording, wrist cuffs omitted; straight line finish. Triangular patches added to chest and hand warmers pockets. Inner pocket is made of the olive cotton lining, not leather faced. Brown corozo buttons. This is a relatively nice and simple modification of their pattern. The back is yoked as usual.

Like the Aero in dark seal, this is a lighter hide (the SB is lighter than the Aero, but there isn't much in it; both were 1.2 mm but this is more pliable). The neck is really comfortable - somehow, the weight is distributed differently from other jackets I own (suit jackets and blazers approximate the neck 'weight' of this jacket).

Photo on 6-3-2024 at 10.52 AM.jpg
Photo on 6-3-2024 at 10.53 AM.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner