Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Jonanah

New in Town
IMG_5733.jpeg
RMC Type III

Al 916

One Too Many
Weather roller coaster forced me to pop on the ridiculously luxurious mouton collar when temps dropped below freezing and the snow started. I don’t love the look of the extra snaps on the collar for the detachable mouton. I think they make it look a little busy. However, the added versatility and warmth might just off set that.

View attachment 598357

Just reading on the position of the snaps on the jacket collar.

Carrie made my mouton collar separate from the jacket in the US then kindly sent it to me in the UK (with great instructions as to the Jacket collar receiving snaps).

My J-106 is the Aero TT version and they recommend a single back centre, a set of mid and a set of front of collar. I agree with you that when not attaching the mouton all that metalwork looks a touch of the 'Frankenstein's' so I got all rebellious and have currently omitted the front set.

3.14nche

One of the Regulars
Same as yesterday an extra 25km in it.
I've been hiking in it for the last few months now and I don't think it will yield much more at this point so probably for the last time.
Maybe if I were to go wild boar hunting bare hands...
At 10°C it's a sweat suit and the lack of hood is annoying when it's raining.
To me the sweet spot was at between -5 and 0°C with a hoodie. That's a pretty narrow window and some unnecessary weight to carry around.
IMG_20240317_163503626~2.jpg

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
Same as yesterday an extra 25km in it.
I've been hiking in it for the last few months now and I don't think it will yield much more at this point so probably for the last time.
Maybe if I were to go wild boar hunting bare hands...
At 10°C it's a sweat suit and the lack of hood is annoying when it's raining.
To me the sweet spot was at between -5 and 0°C with a hoodie. That's a pretty narrow window and some unnecessary weight to carry around.
View attachment 600320
How much does she weigh? And have you considered a hat for the rain?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner