Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

bigmanbigtruck

Familiar Face
Scored a used custom LW Ryder - this one is fantastic. Now I see what the fuss is about. Wish the sleeves were just a tad longer, but still very happy with how it looks overall.

IMG_1637.jpeg
IMG_1620.jpeg

Last edited:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Vanson C2 just came in. This may be the best-patterned Perfecto-style jacket out there. Soo comfortable. Perfect length. The cowhide is thick and soft. TFL-ers looking for a nice cross-zip really should give the C2 a chance. @dudewuttheheck has already showed what a great jacket it is, for not a lot of dinero. Weirdly, a lot used ones come out of Japan; new ones can be had from Vanson..

View attachment 606057

View attachment 606058

View attachment 606059
Heck yes! Yours fits you every bit as well as mine fits me, if not better! That older C2 pattern is just magic.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I just received this Buco J81 from @jeo who picked it up in person from the first owner.

Not only is it my best fitting Buco so far, it is also one of my nicest.

I always thought that steerhide Buco's are inferior to horsehide ones as my steerhide J82 isn't nearly as nice as my earlier horsehide Buco's. This steerhide J81 proves me wrong.

The leather feels just as thick and sturdy as some of my vintage hh jackets and it comes with great color depth and beautiful graining.

Thanks @jeo for letting me have this one.

IMG_9050.jpeg
IMG_9055.jpeg
IMG_9060.jpeg

Steerhide J82 vs steerhide J81

Leigh H

Practically Family
I just received this Buco J81 from @jeo who picked it up in person from the first owner.

I always thought that steerhide Buco's are inferior to horsehide ones as my steerhide J82 isn't nearly as nice as my earlier horsehide Buco's. This steerhide J81 proves me wrong.

The leather feels just as thick and sturdy as some of my vintage hh jackets and it comes with great color depth and beautiful graining.

View attachment 607048 View attachment 607049 View attachment 607050

Out of curiosity Marc how can you tell if it's steerhide from horsehide?

jeo

One Too Many

Perfection! Glad it got to you safely. It went to the right home for sure and will be an awesome addition to your collection. Man what a jacket!!

Viking752

Practically Family

Stunner

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

That is such a nice sample of the J80's. The SH used in the J81 during those years is just exceptional. I have one HD that used that very same hide. They are thick and soft. The newer version of SH develops a great patina. You can't go wrong with that either. I have seen that J81 several times. I do not remember them being so deep black. I am wondering, did you did your magic on it? Would you mind sharing it? Any Urad involved?

Last edited:

4444Design

One of the Regulars

Nce one mate - and great fit

4444Design

One of the Regulars
My oldest sons wedding today. It was a 50's-mobster themed wedding. I said "I think I might have something that will work" :) The @regius square pocket, cap and a tie and I'm the talk of the party. I said "but I dress like this everyday" and my son said " yes, and you look like a mobster most days", smart ass!
A pic with my oldest granddaughter Brynly on a very awesome day:) View attachment 606812

Crisp looking combo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner