Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

4444Design

One of the Regulars
Breaking-in/Suntanning the new Y2 „Saddlehorse“ jacket after finally admitting to myself that one size up just doesn’t work for me. Expensive mistake!

This leather is incredible. Eats Conipel „unfinished“ for breakfast and even Y2s very nice Kakishibu is no match.

View attachment 606828 View attachment 606829

Holy smokes - what a cool jacket! I'd like to see her broken in and in her "worn" color - fit is on the spot so what about your comment that "sizing up" went wrong????

4444Design

One of the Regulars
Not today but a couple of days ago:

N4 deck jacket in size 46 (was a long search) along with BRONSON watchcap, chambray and 1917 USN bell-bottoms - boots are Ex-"Royal Canadian Navy" boots

6JN2nFF.jpg

P2D

One of the Regulars
I just received this Buco J81 from @jeo who picked it up in person from the first owner.

Not only is it my best fitting Buco so far, it is also one of my nicest.

I always thought that steerhide Buco's are inferior to horsehide ones as my steerhide J82 isn't nearly as nice as my earlier horsehide Buco's. This steerhide J81 proves me wrong.

The leather feels just as thick and sturdy as some of my vintage hh jackets and it comes with great color depth and beautiful graining.

Thanks @jeo for letting me have this one.

View attachment 607048 View attachment 607049 View attachment 607050
Steerhide J82 vs steerhide J81
Just outstanding, mate.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
That is such a nice sample of the J80's. The SH used in the J81 during those years is just exceptional. I have one HD that used that very same hide. They are thick and soft. The newer version of SH develops a great patina. You can't go wrong with that either. I have seen that J81 several times. I do not remember them being so deep black. I am wondering, did you did your magic on it? Would you mind sharing it? Any Urad involved?
I gave it a whipe down with a damp cloth that's all. The black is deeper than most of my other jackets.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Where did you hear that? That’s incorrect.

Here’s my original size 38.

20.5” chest

View attachment 603380

19.5” shoulders

View attachment 603381

17” (17.5” fully flattened) waist

View attachment 603382

23” back length

View attachment 603383

I don’t believe they slimmed the sleeves down on the movie jacket. It’s speculated that they narrowed the waist to make it more V shaped but I don’t believe that to be true.

What size is yours?

Measurements seem to be pretty close, but I’m sure the cut isn’t identical and the pattern makes a huge difference.

Here’s how my original size 36 fits and a comparison in how they fit on me and you. Of course, we both fill out our jackets differently but you can still see how the cut isn’t identical. Once I get a size 36 Toys McCoy I’ll know for sure what the differences are.

View attachment 603390
View attachment 603388
The way that size 36 fits you is spot on my definition of a perfect cross zip fit, that narrow waist and the wide shoulders look amazing. Perfect jacket.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Holy smokes - what a cool jacket! I'd like to see her broken in and in her "worn" color - fit is on the spot so what about your comment that "sizing up" went wrong????

Thank you.

Yes, fit IS spot on. I originally ordered in size 46 as some offerings of Y2 run very small (their leather shirts and Chore Coats being examples). This one is NOT one of them. I wore the larger one during the winter over thick jumpers, and it worked - just.

Below is a comparison shot. I have worn the left one consistently since November. There is still a lot of potential for future darkening, as the winter sun didn´t really do the trick.

Rider_46_44.jpg

Observe

One Too Many
Thank you.

Yes, fit IS spot on. I originally ordered in size 46 as some offerings of Y2 run very small (their leather shirts and Chore Coats being examples). This one is NOT one of them. I wore the larger one during the winter over thick jumpers, and it worked - just.

Below is a comparison shot. I have worn the left one consistently since November. There is still a lot of potential for future darkening, as the winter sun didn´t really do the trick.

View attachment 607360
I love watching the evo on these hides but I never go for the unfinished leathers. Wish I was a little more adventurous sometimes.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I love watching the evo on these hides but I never go for the unfinished leathers. Wish I was a little more adventurous sometimes.

For me, most of the fun is indeed in the unforced evo. No treatments of any kind, no forced sunbathing.
I really like, how natural exposure darkens the shoulder/upper torso region much faster than the relatively less exposed parts.
The ‚new‘ jackets darkens much faster than the older One which basically only saw winter sun.

Jiaward

One of the Regulars
For me, most of the fun is indeed in the unforced evo. No treatments of any kind, no forced sunbathing.
I really like, how natural exposure darkens the shoulder/upper torso region much faster than the relatively less exposed parts.
The ‚new‘ jackets darkens much faster than the older One which basically only saw winter sun.
I copied you the other day.
IMG_1977.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner