Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Al 916

One Too Many
Nothing fancy, just an on sale Gap trucker jacket, was cream color, then garment dyed by me, now grey / olive ish.
View attachment 615979

Soon to be taken off the rail.
Gap did good Truckers.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 19.07.08.png

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
A fellow Swede I assume from the snus shaped fade on your jean pocket? Great looking jacket and overall outfit! Where are you at and how can you wear leather? It's way too warm for leather in the west coast where I am. Currently 24 C and I'm sweating in shorts and t-shirt.

You guys crack me up! Are you saying you can spot a fellow-countryman by the fades on the denim?!

Unfortunately, no jean-pocket would be suitable to hide a 1-liter-beer-glass, so I need to disclose my germanness by bad mood and cynical comments...;)

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
You guys crack me up! Are you saying you can spot a fellow-countryman by the fades on the denim?!

Unfortunately, no jean-pocket would be suitable to hide a 1-liter-beer-glass, so I need to disclose my germanness by bad mood and cynical comments...;)

Haha yes! Snus is a form of tobacco that you put under your lip. It comes in a small round box. Very common in Sweden. Among swedes that are into raw denim having a snus box fade is a real classic.

1716564358532.jpeg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Haha yes! Snus is a form of tobacco that you put under your lip. It comes in a small round box. Very common in Sweden. Among swedes that are into raw denim having a snus box fade is a real classic.

View attachment 616135

The US has a very robust snus culture as well (called “snuff” here - not to be confused with the kind that’s snorted), and jeans here also bear the tell-tale sign.

But the Swedish snus culture is a bit different. I’ll never forget arriving in Stockholm and meeting up with my local friend - a smoking hot Swedish flight attendant: mid-twenties, blonde, thin, charming. She took me out to breakfast and as we were entering the restaurant she reached in her mouth and removed her snus pouch. I had a good chuckle with her about that over coffee - in the US, girls don’t generally “dip”.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
The US has a very robust snus culture as well (called “snuff” here - not to be confused with the kind that’s snorted), and jeans here also bear the tell-tale sign.

But the Swedish snus culture is a bit different. I’ll never forget arriving in Stockholm and meeting up with my local friend - a smoking hot Swedish flight attendant: mid-twenties, blonde, thin, charming. She took me out to breakfast and as we were entering the restaurant she reached in her mouth and removed her snus pouch. I had a good chuckle with her about that over coffee - in the US, girls don’t generally “dip”.

Ah, that’s right, I almost forgot about the snuff. I was introduced to it by an American colleague when I worked in an American owned company here in Sweden. He tried snus and I tried his stuff. Quite similar really.

Yeah, snus used to be more of a male thing but that has changed a lot in the past 25-30 years. When I started it was still pretty uncommon to see girls that did it but nowadays it’s almost equal amounts of men and women that do it.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Ah, that’s right, I almost forgot about the snuff. I was introduced to it by an American colleague when I worked in an American owned company here in Sweden. He tried snus and I tried his stuff. Quite similar really.

Yeah, snus used to be more of a male thing but that has changed a lot in the past 25-30 years. When I started it was still pretty uncommon to see girls that did it but nowadays it’s almost equal amounts of men and women that do it.

From the looks of the street lamp and those blue and white poles in the photo you commented on, I would also guess that member is in Northern Europe and not the US.

BTW, the Indians and Pakistanis also have a very robust chewing tobacco culture with lots of variety. Filipinos and Indonesians as well, but less variety in my experience (though the chewing tobacco I have had from those culture was excellent quality).

Sorry to hijack the thread. Now back to jackets - here is my favorite mall leather (honestly I don’t know much about leather which is why I’ve been lurking here). This is a Marc Andrews (edit: sorry, dyslexia - it’s Andrew Marc). I got it on eBay for 30 dollars. I really love this jacket even if it’s not anything anybody here would brag about - I have worn it for two winters now. This photo is from last year in Amsterdam.

IMG_1971.jpeg

Last edited:

Jonas_g

New in Town
Great job offsetting the black leather jacket with a colorful shirt. I somehow can never get past a black or white t-shirt underneath my jackets, lol.
The older I get, the more colorful my shirts are getting.. Some kind of midlife crisis, I don’t know..!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL