Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What jeans are you wearing today ?

Alexlutov

A-List Customer
I am sure that you are thinking about which jeans are suitable and which are not for this or that jacket ..

Edward

Bartender
I don't make an effort for an image unless you count "mostly cheap" as a style. I have many pairs of jeans which are all the same - Wrangler MWZ. They cost around $28 each. I can afford much more fancy jeans but Wranglers do the job. Pity their blue isn't a deeper indigo.

I do find it a little bit of a shame the Cowboy Cut doesn't come with a darker indigo colour as an option - though on the plus side, the colour they do use stays pretty well. I have tow pairs of 13MWZ - one which has been heavily worn and washed since last April, one yet to be worn, and the former is surprisingly close to the latter. Next year, I'm going to try the flannel lined version, and the 'relaxed' (wider) fit (31MWZ) - assuming I can get them in the UK. Wrangler don't officially import tham to the UK, at least that I can find anywhere, so I bought mine direct from Wrangler via Amazon as their own .com won't let me order, redirecting me instead to the UK site which only has their nasty 'fashion' cuts. Be nice to try them in selvedge if they would do it, but TBH I think it's overrated for the upcharge it inevitably brings, as distinct from simply good quality denim. The only other gripe I haveis I wish they would do a black pair in a black denim with the 'grey' underside instead of black right-through, as I'd much prefer to have a contrast cuff. Does anyone know if their "rugged" denim (the only other model with a "high waist" (i.e. on the natural waistline, not below it) comes that way?

This is the sort of thing I'll be adding to a list so thatwhen I can afford to go to the US next I'll be able to bulk-buy...

Alexlutov

A-List Customer
At wrangler I saw a gray inside and it was 13mwz made in usa for about 80 years .. they asked for a lot of money))

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I do find it a little bit of a shame the Cowboy Cut doesn't come with a darker indigo colour as an option - though on the plus side, the colour they do use stays pretty well. I have tow pairs of 13MWZ - one which has been heavily worn and washed since last April, one yet to be worn, and the former is surprisingly close to the latter. Next year, I'm going to try the flannel lined version, and the 'relaxed' (wider) fit (31MWZ) - assuming I can get them in the UK. Wrangler don't officially import tham to the UK, at least that I can find anywhere, so I bought mine direct from Wrangler via Amazon as their own .com won't let me order, redirecting me instead to the UK site which only has their nasty 'fashion' cuts. Be nice to try them in selvedge if they would do it, but TBH I think it's overrated for the upcharge it inevitably brings, as distinct from simply good quality denim. The only other gripe I haveis I wish they would do a black pair in a black denim with the 'grey' underside instead of black right-through, as I'd much prefer to have a contrast cuff. Does anyone know if their "rugged" denim (the only other model with a "high waist" (i.e. on the natural waistline, not below it) comes that way?

This is the sort of thing I'll be adding to a list so thatwhen I can afford to go to the US next I'll be able to bulk-buy...
I believe Wrangler and Lee USA are no longer responsible for the manufacturing and selling of Wrangler and Lee outside the States. Edwin Japan is responsible for Wrangler and Lee Japan but I am not sure which company is responsible for Europe.

I believe Wrangler and Lee USA are no longer responsible for the manufacturing and selling of Wrangler and Lee outside the States. Edwin Japan is responsible for Wrangler and Lee Japan but I am not sure which company is responsible for Europe.

They switched to licence business/production?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Hi Alex.

I size up 2 or 4 in the waist regarding of fit. Now I prefer looser fit and higher waisted trousers with a belt. I do the same when it comes to length depending on the fit I want.

Not sure I follow. You size up 2 to 4 sizes? If I wear a pair of jeans even one size too big I find them seriously uncomfortable - bunching at the waist, flopping about, etc.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Not sure I follow. You size up 2 to 4 sizes? If I wear a pair of jeans even one size too big I find them seriously uncomfortable - bunching at the waist, flopping about, etc.
These are not sanforized and what is called "shrink to fit"
You buy them large and give them a soak or wash and they shrink both in waist but mostly in length.
2-3 inches are common.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
These are not sanforized and what is called "shrink to fit"
You buy them large and give them a soak or wash and they shrink both in waist but mostly in length.
2-3 inches are common.

That I understand. Sorry, I missed the shrinkage part. I haven't done that since the mid 1970's. :D

Alexlutov

A-List Customer
My ambitions interfere with me, to be honest ... I very often began to observe that expensive is not always good .. I always thought that good denim should be selvage, probably this is not always the case ..

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
My ambitions interfere with me, to be honest ... I very often began to observe that expensive is not always good .. I always thought that good denim should be selvage, probably this is not always the case ..

I think people should buy what they like, but there is a lot of fantastic denim out there. I used to think the best denim is the one who lasts the longest, but I've found longevity is more fit-based than anything as it seems to me like the stress areas around the crotch break much faster when the jeans fit tighter or they are not a fit to your body type.

From the view of german market, jeans are one of the typical, permanent reminder, that the era of classic brand is looong over. Storebrand does the job for half the price. 40/50 bucks against 90/100 bucks (50 for Denim, 50 for name ;)).

After the jeans-crisis in the late 90s, classic brand jeans never went back to the old 90s quality.

PS:
Ok, the premium lines are of course an option.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112