Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What jeans are you wearing today ?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Talking about Denim I picked up from storage my good old LVC 1890s in size W32 and I might bring them with me to London in August...but this heat...I'm a bit afraid I won't even be able to wear them but I'll be doing shoemaking so I can't be wearing good tailoring as trousers.

They're an extremely light weave. You should be fine.

Al 916

One Too Many
I am thinking on a pair of Chinos.

Jeans wise I like the cut of IH888, I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
Al

Yango

One of the Regulars
“After 13 months of rotation I gave them a hand wash in the tub…”

“Orslow 105 2 year wash for me today.”

I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding something here… are you guys saying that you wear your jeans regularly for 1—2 years without washing them?

I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding something here… are you guys saying that you wear your jeans regularly for 1—2 years without washing them?

If you think that's bad - And it's bad! - some people wash their jeans by urinating on them every few years.

9 months is the longest I wore a pair without washing it and never again.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Don’t worry. Most of us wash when filthy. And I can confirm that the jeans can take it.

Al 916

One Too Many
Every couple of months (or when dirty).

Keeping them aired by hanging them on a hook at night works wonders

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Every time I wash them, I think to myself, "ok, this time I'm going to go at least 30-40 wears before the next wash". Then inevitably, I realize how silly that is and break down and wash probably after 10 or 15. Most of the wears are indoor hanging out around the house. If I was out sweating in them, they'd get washed probably every 5-10 max. The high contrast fades are cool, but I ain't got it in me.

ES335

One of the Regulars
The Tellasons are in rotation with all my other jeans, I'd guess they've got 30-40 wears since new. I don't work in my (to me) expensive selvage denim and they're worn in indoor air conditioned/cooler weather. But yeah, after over a year I decided they'd probably stretched out about as much as they would and it was time for that first wash. I'll also get them hemmed to my length at this point. Work gets done in cheap crappy $20 Wranglers that I don't give a damn about. They get washed about every two wears.

mumpy

A-List Customer

Haha no that's the name of the model. I think they stone wash it and make it look like as if it was 2 years old?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Big congratulations on the weight loss @Edward ! It does take work, but is absolutely worth it as you say.
+1 on congratulaitons to Edward for his weight loss! Amazing work there and so totally worth it. :)

For perspective, I take a set of 50-lb dumbells every two weeks or so and carry them the full peremiter of my fitness gym. Why do I do this seeming useless lift after a normal workout? It's to get a feel what it would really be like to weight 100 lbs more than I do. I am at 195 lbs still, and it's amazing how much of a differance it is to set the weights down after just the lap.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Are we talking US price or their international prices? Depending on where you are in the world you can multiply the US price by 4-7x.....
I'm only aware of the US pricing for regular levis. For LVC I know what Euro pricing is like. It varies, but its all different levels of overpriced

Edward

Bartender
I'm only aware of the US pricing for regular levis. For LVC I know what Euro pricing is like. It varies, but its all different levels of overpriced

It's long been the case that for the UK price you could just switch the $ for a £ and keep the numbers the same as in the US. Not so much the case now, the mark-up in the numbers alone has risen significantly in my experience with the pound remaining at a historically low value, almost on parity with the dollar last I checked a couple of weeks ago.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

On "Levis" homepage, the 501 retails at ca. EUR 110-130. Of course, you´ll find a better deal of-and-on, but that´s what you can expect in this end of the world...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ