Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What makeup are you wearing today?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the info! The Clinique BB balm has gotten very good reviews, but my local Sephora & Dillard's don't have it in stock yet. I don't like ordering new products online without being able to see/try them in person first so I'll probably wait until it is available locally.

I did pick up the Boots No. 7 Instant Radiance Balm. It is more of a pearlescent illuminating moisturizer, and not a "true" BB balm. So far I've tried mixing a couple of drops in with my foundation, and I really like it applied that way. It adds moisture and some radiance/illuminating qualities, but without any obvious shimmer or color.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Today (like any other day):

Too Faced's Shadow Insurance
Benefit's Magic Ink liquid eyeliner
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish powder (forgotten the shade)
MAC Lipstick in "O"
New York Colour Eyebrow Pencil in black
MAC Shadow in Young Punk

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Me and you both, Missis, i hope you feel better. I am feeling decidedly sorry for myself today!

FWG - I love No.7 radiance balm! I much prefer Clarins flash balm, but for a cheaper option it's really great and as you said, (which made me chuckle), you don't end up looking like a disco ball!

C-dot - What colour is "O" lippie? I'm loving the Dubonnet, so maybe this one could be next!!

Does anyone else find the Mac website a bit of a pain, or is it me? I don't have a local Mac stockist, so i have to buy online, or wait until i go up to London, which is rarely these days. My monitor at home also is not very good colour wise either.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
C-dot - What colour is "O" lippie? I'm loving the Dubonnet, so maybe this one could be next!!

Does anyone else find the Mac website a bit of a pain, or is it me? I don't have a local Mac stockist, so i have to buy online, or wait until i go up to London, which is rarely these days. My monitor at home also is not very good colour wise either.

Describing "O" will make it sound bizarre, but trust me, it's very cool lol It's a red base, but has a gold frost overtop, so it comes out looking almost like topaz.

As for the site, I have a whole horde of MAC stores near me, so I'm able to compare the pictures on the site to the actual products. On the whole, it's somewhat accurate. I find a lot of the products are much nicer in person, but a handful would not be what you expected if you trusted the site.

renaissancemedici

One of the Regulars
My base is the Korres sunblock (spf30) cream foundation with watermelon
2376_10_.jpg

For concealer I use the clinique superbalanced powder makeup spf15
clini1.jpg

Eye shadow Loose eyeshadow mystic sparcle by azade
6.gif

Eye pencil ere due lasting contour no 3 (off black) which I smudge
gal971279894890.png

Mascara clinique black high definition lashes
Resize_325x325_white_90_0_0.jpg

Clear lipgloss by Korres
cherry_lip_gloss.jpg

My red lipstic, which I can wear very softly of very dramatically is a rouge coco, 36 lune rousse by chanel, and it's the only red I actually like on me. I've tried all the reds you can imagine.
chanel-hydrabase-lipstick-lune-rousse1424.jpg

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ That's a lovely red, renaissancemedici!

Miss sofia - I too have problems with the MAC website. I'm one of those people that likes to see and feel things in person before buying, so I tend not to purchase cosmetics online unless I've seen them in person first. I have to physically GO to the MAC counter or Sephora or Nordstrom and pick up and look at all the products. I can never get a good feel for the colors on the MAC site - and I have an excellent monitor at work (as I work in printing/publishing)... not that I shop online at work or anything... ;)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
He he, i've never so much as looked at an online shop or even TFl when i'm working.....

Glad it's not just me then that has problems with online shopping.

I agree with your thoughts on the Chanel lippie, it looks really beautiful, i have noted that one down as a possible on the ever expanding list of lippies!

RenaissanceMedici - Hello and welcome! Could you try to describe what kind of red the Chanel lippie is please?

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Fortworthgal - i couldn't wait!! I checked out the Chanel lippie and it's a cranberry colour, similar to Mac Dubonnet, but with a bluey, more neutral undertone. It's also supposed to be similar to Bobbi Brown Scarlet, which i have tried and is a lovely colour. I think it sounds ace, as i love the Dubonnet, but wouldn't mind something with a more neutral undertone.

renaissancemedici

One of the Regulars
Hello and thanks for the welcome! That particular red is perfect for my skin tone, and when I wear it softly it's almost my natural colour, as if I bit my lips and they turned red. As you've already seen it you know how it is. I'll just add that it's texture is perfect: neither mat nor glossy, always moist on the lips, never looks bad even after a long time. It was money well spent for me, because I can use it for both natural and very dramatic make up, depending on how much you apply. However, I only use it with a brush, never from the tube as it gets very intence.

hellsbellslolly

Familiar Face
I switched recently to YSL foundation (from Dior Forever) with the YSL one you get a really nice built in brush that the foundation is applied through, rather snazzy I thought! Some touche eclat... great for a mum on a school run...lol.. ysl mascara (same as before)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
OOOh i love ysl mascara. I'm always on the lookout for a HG foundation. I haven't tried any YSL before, and i must say have been a little put off by the built in brush thingy. What kind of coverage does it provide, if i may ask?

Today

L'oreal studio secrets primer.
BE Mineral Veil powder
Benetint lipstain on cheeks and eyes
Vaseline on lips.

I was basically indoors working, so i thought i would skip the full face today, but not frighten the postman as i was expecting some parcels. Poor bloke has seen my scary, morning visage, way too much to be good for him this year!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
On an exceptionally cold and rainy day today -

Boots Intelligent Balance mousse foundation - New Ivory
Clinique loose blended powder
MAC mineralize blush - Improvise
MAC Painterly paint pot, Guerlain 29 Rue de Sevres eyeshadow palette
Lorac auburn brow pencil
Laura Mercier nude lip liner and an old Yves St Laurent lipstick (peachy color, can't recall the name)

First time I'm wearing the Boots foundation, even though I got it back in September. I like it so far, it has a very velvety finish.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I got a new treatment for my eczema, so I jumped back on the full face makeup bandwagon. Here's today's make-up
Boots color correcting primer
Maybelline FIT foundation and powder in 115
Besame boudoir pink blush
Mary Kay eyeshadow in moonstone and lavender fog
Maybelline gel liner in black
Covergirl lashblast in black
Covergirl brow pencil in black
L'Oreal infallible lipstick in refine ruby.
The lipstick in new and I don't think I like it. It's kind of sticky and too warm for my taste.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Let's see (isn't it great.. my program at work does not work, and until they solve the problem, I can have FUN online) :)

First (and always: acne cream)
Maybelline Affinitone foundation, in Rose.
Manhattnan Soft Mat Loose Powder (I doubt US has it)
Than shadow.. Bourjois smoky eye trio.. in Vintage Rose 05
(some gray..ish shadow from local pharmacy instead of liner)
and..
Maybelline Fit Me blush in Medium Pink..
and..
Max Factor, False lash effect fusion volume & length mascara.

That's all. :)

zombi

A-List Customer
Yikes! Very cold out here today. I'm in...

Coty airspun, Translucent
Maybelline mousse blush, Soft Plum
Urban Decay eyeshadow, Sin (finally repurchased! love this colour!)
Besame lipstick, Red Velvet
MAC long-wearing lipliner, Etcetera
Benefit Lemon Aid & Eye Bright concealer & brightener
Covergirl Lash Exact mascara or whatever it is..... Brown Black

Perfume is Shalimar. :D

Can't believe I didn't wear my new Chanel lipstick that I'm OBSESSED with but I'm wearing something it wouldn't have been right for. The Red Velvet is a little more berry-like for me.

angeljenny

A-List Customer
I need to wear more make up - I used to have such fun with it!

It is depressing when my foundation and concealer disappear in no time at all! Not good as then I am back to my pale but blotchy uneven skin which normally has a couple of spots to hide.

I don't know what I do wrong as even when I think I have been really heavy handed with make up people can't tell I am wearing it.

angeljenny

A-List Customer
Today I went by MAC to check out their new Style Driven line, and I tried on the pro longwear lipglass in Driven by Love. The artist told me it would last for 7 hours, which is pretty impressive for a gloss. It was a bit troublesome to apply, but doggone if it isn't staying on!

I drank coffee, and no smear. I mashed my coat into my face getting out of my car, and it was unaffected. I didn't have a human handy to kiss, so I smooched my cat's face, and it stayed on! Whaddya know? :D It's not a powerful red, but it's quite lovely, and feels totally normal:

Lippy001.jpg

We'll see how difficult it is to take off, but so far, it's very choice. If you happen by MAC, I highly recommend trying it out.

Wow - your skin looks perfect!

Tempted by the lipglass - how is it troublesome to apply?

I love MAC eye shadows and have a couple of glosses but I don't wear them often. My basic make up is foundation, concealer, powder and blush to make me look alive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails