Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What makeup are you wearing today?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I'm so boring...

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in Porcelain Ivory
Coty Airspun powder - translucent extra coverage
Clinique blush - Cupid
Lorac auburn brow pencil
MAC Painterly paint pot (as eye primer)
MAC Orb, Mylar & Satin Taupe eyeshadows
MAC False Lash mascara
Smashbox lip liner
Julie Hewett Oona Noir lipstick

pompsnpincurls

Familiar Face
Clean & Clear Advantage Moisturizer
Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in C1 Shell
Coty Airspun Powder in Naturally Neutral
Eyeshadows from my Naked 2 palette
Jordana felt-tip eyeliner
Maybelline mascara in Blackest Black
Bonne Belle glow blusher
Ulta blush

I love makeup!! :p

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ How do you like the Naked 2 palette? I have the original Naked palette, but haven't picked up #2. I'm curious to hear what you think!

Today for me -
Chanel Vitalumiere fluid foundation in #10 limpide
Clinique blended loose powder
MAC Well Dressed blush
Lorac auburn brow pencil
MAC False Lash mascara
Julie Hewett Film Noir lipstick

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
You didn't ask me, but I have the Naked2 as well....and I'm bored at work...! I like it, but I was definitely pulled into the "hype" and stalked the UD website the day the palette came out to snag one up right away.

Some of the shadows are fantastic.. others... not so much. I was severely disappointed in "foxy" which is the ivory, matte shade. It's sooo chalky and sheer. The satin-y shadows are great though, in my opinion. I love "pistol". Compared to the original Naked I'd say it's good, but not as good! :)

Moi today:
- Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
- Estee Lauder Maximum Cover "Creamy Ivory"
- Coty Aispun "Honey Beige"
- Too Faced Foiled Eyeliner (black)
- Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pencil
- Too Faced LashGasm (black)
- TheBalm "The Perfect Man" Cream Blush (pink), from The Balm and The Beautiful Palette
- Korres Lip Glaze "Rose" (sheer red)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ I love hearing opinions! Thanks for sharing. I got sucked into all the hype with the first Naked palette. I remember it being unavailable for months on end, and the day Ulta finally got them in stock I grabbed it like I'd won the lottery. :lol: I like it, but find I don't use it much anymore. I find myself wearing my MAC shadows much more often, UD seem to have a lot of fallout.

A lot of the Naked 2 colors look so similar to the 1st palette, I just can't justify buying it. They're still a good value for the number of full-size shadows and the price, though, if you need eyeshadow.

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
^ I love hearing opinions! Thanks for sharing. I got sucked into all the hype with the first Naked palette. I remember it being unavailable for months on end, and the day Ulta finally got them in stock I grabbed it like I'd won the lottery. :lol: I like it, but find I don't use it much anymore. I find myself wearing my MAC shadows much more often, UD seem to have a lot of fallout.

A lot of the Naked 2 colors look so similar to the 1st palette, I just can't justify buying it. They're still a good value for the number of full-size shadows and the price, though, if you need eyeshadow.

It was pure craziness both times they launched the palettes! I remember reading and seeing that folks cashed out up to three times the amount to buy the Naked2 on eBay when Urban Decay was out of them. Some people.... :D I don't even know. Haha.
I agree though, the colors are similar and technically you really don't need both if you have one already. I think most of us are guilty of having more than enough though... so, whatever :D

I only have a single MAC shadow! I always see you posting that you used Satin Taupe, and so many YouTube gals like it.. maybe it's time... :)

Did you hear about the UD custom palettes yet?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ No! Do tell.

I love MAC shadows, they're pretty much all I use now. I do have the UD Naked Palette and a Guerlain palette, but MAC's my favorite. Satin Taupe is the bomb!

pompsnpincurls

Familiar Face
^ How do you like the Naked 2 palette? I have the original Naked palette, but haven't picked up #2. I'm curious to hear what you think!

I actually really like the Naked 2 palette! I always was curious about the first one, but the colors were just really warm and I don't typically gravitate towards warm eye shades so I was excited when the second one came out with cooler colors. I was a little iffy about getting the 2 palette because I wasn't sure I'd like all the colors but I really do. I use all of the shades in the Naked 2 palette except for the Foxy one as much because really it doesn't do anything. I'd say if you have other shades you prefer you might not need the new palette but I am glad I got it. I use it literally every day, and the colors just blend together so well. I also really like the brush that came with it. I'm not sure if I answered your question lol , but I'd say if you want cooler toned shadows that blend together really well I'd get it. And the metal case is great too, I feel like I can take it places with me and it's safe. Hope this helped :) .

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the input! I do wear some cooler-toned shadows, but I think I'll save my $50 on this one.

Today for me -

Today for me -
Laura Mercier Illuminating tinted moisturizer
Clinique blended loose powder
MAC Well Dressed blush
Lorac auburn brow pencil
MAC False Lash mascara
Julie Hewett Oona Noir lipstick

zombi

A-List Customer
Today for me!

MAC Chili lipstick
Smith's Rosebud salve
MAC Etcetera longwear lip pencil
MISSHA Perfect Cover bb cream no.13
Coty airspun translucent powder
Benefit lemon aid concealer
MAC Ricepaper eyeshadow
Majolica Majorca eye automatique liquid liner in pearl black
some random One by One lash or something mascara....
Maybelline bouncy blush in candy coral

aaaaaaaaand Miss Dior.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ How do you like the BB cream? I keep reading about those being the newest cosmetic trend.

Today for me -
Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer
MAC Studio Fix powder
MAC Improvise mineralize blush
Smashbox lip liner
Revlon Moon Drops 24K Orange lipstick

Eyes, the same as every other day! :lol:
Lorac auburn brow pencil
MAC False Lash mascara

zombi

A-List Customer
^ How do you like the BB cream? I keep reading about those being the newest cosmetic trend.

BB creams have actually been very common/popular in Asian countries for some time now. You're right, though -- they're relatively new to the USA. A few non-Asian companies like Too Faced and Garnier have come out with some that I know of. BB cream is supposed to be a combined moisturizer/foundation/SPF/concealer and often contain ingredients that are meant to "whiten" (that means reduce hyperpigmentation, not bleach) the skin or help prevent acne.

The bb cream I use is a Korean brand. I like it a lot! I should note, though, that I am not (and have not been for quite some time) a foundation wearer for everyday. I only use makeup like foundations when I am getting fancy. I use the bb cream the same way I would a foundation. I like it because it feels weightless on and has a very high SPF rating, which is important for a very pale gal like me.

Drawbacks: almost every Asian brand of bb cream does not come in very many shades. I use a brand that comes in more shades than many others, and I am lucky that the lightest one is a close match. A lot of brands only come in one shade, which is absolutely too dark for me. I tested the Too Faced bb cream and its lightest shade was also too dark for me. So it can be problematic for skin tones. HTH!

Lenore

Practically Family
Revlon Photo Ready Makeup in 002 Vanilla (Still liking it, though still searching for my HG...)
Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation in Frisky Abyssinian
ELF Clear Mascara (to tame my brows)
ELF Brightening Eyeliner in Black - (for eyebrows)
Rimmel Quad Eye Shadow in Romantic Cool 018
Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in Jet Black 061 (Kinda mod smudgeyish)
Prestige Liquid Eyeliner in Black/Brown (for my beauty mark)
Maybelline The Falsies mascara in Black
Revlon Colorstay Lip Liner in Natural
Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth in Lucious Rose 365
Shalimar EDP

ThemThereEyes

One of the Regulars
MUFE HD foundation
Benefit Sun Beam
Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, Secret Brightening Powder
Besame Cashmere Powder, Sun Kissed blush, lip glaze Crystal
Guerlain meteorites no 2
Urban Decay Primer Potion, liquid liner Perversion
Stila e/s Dune, Chinois
MAC e/s Saddle for brows
Sephora Outrageous Volume mascara
Revlon ColorStay lipliner Red
LUSH A Million Kisses lip balm

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
- Hourglass mineral veil primer (almost out *sniff sniff)
- Estee Lauder max. cover foundation - Creamy Ivory
- Too Faced Lashgasm
- TheBalm Mary Lou-Manizer (only a bit on my eyelids)
- Physician's Formula Mosaic Blush Powder in Blushing Natural
- YSL Volupte Sheer Candy in Lucious Cherry

I bought the YSL yesterday as a reward for not eating the M&M's we have at work (for free... right next to my desk.. in a candy dispenser.. sigh) for the past 2.5 weeks. LOVE the scent of this lippie!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Boots No. 7 Intelligent Balance Mousse foundation - New Ivory
Coty Airspun powder - translucent extra coverage
Clinique Cupid blush
Lorac auburn brow pencil
"The usual" on eyes - MAC Painterly paint pot, MAC Orb, Mylar & Satin Taupe eyeshadows, MAC False Lash mascara
Smashbox nude lip liner
Donna Karan Rich Raisin lipstick

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy