Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Music Service Do you Subscribe To?

What Music Service do you Subscribe To?

• Rhapsody

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yahoo Music

• Napster

• Urge

• Virgin

• Other

• None

• Total voters

otterhound

One of the Regulars
If any of you subscribe to streaming music services, we can exchange playlists and help each other discover new music. It is like the old "mix tape" idea, but on steroids.

I've discovered a bunch of golden era music on Rhapsody that is great and which I'd like to share.

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
I have been a subscriber to XM for nearly a year now.

When I want a song, i usually refer to LimeWire.

If I'm at work/school, I usually bust out with the LaunchRadio.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
AM & FM radio. Preferably local stations, because I listen to hear how good the air personalities are. Music is cool, but surf or 50's music on a good old AM radio is superb. Stereo is often optional.

I see no reason to pay for satellite radio as long as AM and FM exist.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Pilgrim said:
AM & FM radio. Preferably local stations, because I listen to hear how good the air personalities are. Music is cool, but surf or 50's music on a good old AM radio is superb. Stereo is often optional.

I subscribed to satellite radio because I was tired of hearing the same songs over and over on local stations. Some of the local DJs are very good, but some have a sense of "humor" that's too raunchy for me. I don't like pledge drives, either--I'd rather pay and be done with it. When I run a few errands in my car, I don't take the receiver with me, but listen to local stations. There are times I hear little more than commercials and DJ chatter.

But the worst are the political ads during election years. :mad:

$15 per month is cheap for a variety of good music without the rest.

Steve

Practically Family
I use iTunes for downloads, but when it comes to streaming music, I've found a gem in the site musicgalore.net. Hundreds of artists, all for free. :D

VintageJess

One of the Regulars
We have XM radio as well. The nice thing is, we bought one receiver for my hubby to use in the car for his commute. I can log-in to our account from our home computer and listen at home as well (at no extra cost.) I pretty much listen to the 40s Channel exclusively. Nice selection, no commercials, and the historic radio broadcasts are really cool.

S

Samsa

I use iTunes for downloads, and that's about it. I hardly ever listen to the radio, and am too cheap to buy XM or a similar product.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Paisley said:
I heard that XM has started to advertise on some of their stations. I'd want my money back.
The only ads I've heard have been for other XM stations, where they tell you about special broadcasts and on either the 40s or 50s stations, they play actual ads for products from way back then. Those are fun to hear.

The only 2 complaints I have about XM are that the traffic channel for Dallas is not very accurate or up-to-date. I've driven through spots where it says there's a backup and the traffic flowing perfectly and vice versa. Also on the 40s, 50s, and Franks Place stations, I hear some of the same songs I heard the previous day. But I do like that I hear alot of songs I've never heard. I love the doo-wop stuff they play on the 50s channel.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Agreed

Pilgrim said:

Works for me.....then again......I am an old school kind of guy.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats