Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What not to do in a leather jacket..

mygar

A-List Customer
Early last winter I was wearing my Vanson Enfield, carrying a big box and tried to squeeze through a narrow corridor, my shoulder was rubbing against the white wall, I could see very obvious color transfer. And it was not a hard rub.

Yup.. accidently brushed my bull nose corners in my house same thing. Heck, the aero cordovan cr was leaving marks on the dry wall in the closet from sleeves brushing it taking it on/off hanger.

But I just have to wear them inside when breaking them in... yes I'm a dork lol

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Go swimming... :)

But I have taken a day of downhill snow skiing in with an old "Basic Skins" Harley leather jacket & (cotton) jeans. Had a buddy along coming back from Wisconsin who had never learned to ski. He asked if I would teach him - so we had an impromptu day in Wausau on the slopes. I gave him my ski jacket & snow pants as I knew he would be in the snow a good bit. We both had a great time! That was years ago, miss those kind of spur-of the moment occurrences!

Gamma68

One Too Many
An obvious tip to us but perhaps not so to others: do not wear a leather jacket while painting. I’ve had several vintage jackets with light white paint splatter on them that I removed very carefully. I guess in the olden days, people thought it was OK to paint the house while wearing your old G-1 or cross-zip Perfecto.

Last edited:

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Isn't that a bit like wearing a Bandidos vest at a Hells Angels party? Except of course that vegetarians won't likely murder and torture you.

If I know that I'm going to visit a vegan or vegetarian restaurant I usually leave my leather at home.
I think at the time I was more concerned with being a biker than a vegetarian so was used to being frowned on so to speak.Or maybe I was just bored....

Roll2me

Familiar Face
I am gonna say buying leather jacket online from overseas. Leather is unique, cut is tricky, shipping and import cost is very costly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtrlr

One of the Regulars
Do not wear leather jacket to the environment rally today? Not trying to stir a debate , but TBH, I've seen some really passionate so-called environmentalists whose life style is anything but environment friendly.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Do not wear leather jacket to the environment rally today? Not trying to stir a debate , but TBH, I've seen some really passionate so-called environmentalists whose life style is anything but environment friendly.
Well considering that a leather jacket could provide decades of useful service to its owner(s) and that it is also making more complete use of an animal carcass, some might say that it is the ultimate environmentally friendly article of clothing.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Well considering that a leather jacket could provide decades of useful service to its owner(s) and that it is also making more complete use of an animal carcass, some might say that it is the ultimate environmentally friendly article of clothing.
+1

Dbrn

One of the Regulars
I can't believe I'm the first to post this given the title of this thread, but here goes:

upload_2019-9-20_18-28-39.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
contrary to the usual environment or other event tshirt that is only worn once and thrown away the next day, lucky if it is going to be used to mop bathroom floor once before getting into the dustbin.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

Nothing new or curios there. Hypocrisy is a human trait - you'll find plenty of it in politics, religion, and business too.

I was a vegetarian for some years and had no issues wearing a leather jacket or entering vegan and vegetarian venues. No one seems to take notice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko