What not to do in a leather jacket..

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by mygar, Sep 12, 2019.

1. mygar

mygar A-List Customer

Yup.. accidently brushed my bull nose corners in my house same thing. Heck, the aero cordovan cr was leaving marks on the dry wall in the closet from sleeves brushing it taking it on/off hanger.

But I just have to wear them inside when breaking them in... yes I'm a dork lol

AeroFan_07 and El Marro like this.
  2. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Pretty sure we all do that. LOL.

dan_t, Carlos840, AeroFan_07 and 3 others like this.
  3. Fortehus

Fortehus Familiar Face

That basically what I do in tropic country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ton312, mygar and Sloan1874 like this.
  4. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 Call Me a Cab

Go swimming... :)

But I have taken a day of downhill snow skiing in with an old "Basic Skins" Harley leather jacket & (cotton) jeans. Had a buddy along coming back from Wisconsin who had never learned to ski. He asked if I would teach him - so we had an impromptu day in Wausau on the slopes. I gave him my ski jacket & snow pants as I knew he would be in the snow a good bit. We both had a great time! That was years ago, miss those kind of spur-of the moment occurrences!

Benny Holiday and mtrlr like this.
  5. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

An obvious tip to us but perhaps not so to others: do not wear a leather jacket while painting. I’ve had several vintage jackets with light white paint splatter on them that I removed very carefully. I guess in the olden days, people thought it was OK to paint the house while wearing your old G-1 or cross-zip Perfecto.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Carlos840, ton312, nick123 and 2 others like this.
  6. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Avoid a Rush concert. Sweaty males galore and puke.

7. Harris HTM

Harris HTM Practically Family

naaah, I've seen them live a couple of times and it was rather civilized. The last violent concert I attented with my perfecto jacket on was Slayer, I ofcourse avoided the pit and stayed away from the bars.

nick123, JMax and roadking04 like this.
  8. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

When we go out to eat I sometimes order a veggie burger with bacon. Its great.

El Marro, Peter Bowden and ton312 like this.
  9. torfjord

torfjord Practically Family

Isn't that a bit like wearing a Bandidos vest at a Hells Angels party? Except of course that vegetarians won't likely murder and torture you.

If I know that I'm going to visit a vegan or vegetarian restaurant I usually leave my leather at home.

Peter Bowden and ton312 like this.
  10. Peter Bowden

Peter Bowden Practically Family

I think at the time I was more concerned with being a biker than a vegetarian so was used to being frowned on so to speak.Or maybe I was just bored....

torfjord likes this.
  11. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

If I know that I’m going to visit a vegan or vegetarian restaurant I usually stay at home (with my leather).

roadking04, mtrlr, navetsea and 4 others like this.
  12. Fortehus

Fortehus Familiar Face

I am gonna say buying leather jacket online from overseas. Leather is unique, cut is tricky, shipping and import cost is very costly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. torfjord

torfjord Practically Family

Hahaha!

El Marro likes this.
  14. mtrlr

mtrlr Familiar Face

Do not wear leather jacket to the environment rally today? Not trying to stir a debate , but TBH, I've seen some really passionate so-called environmentalists whose life style is anything but environment friendly.

15. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Well considering that a leather jacket could provide decades of useful service to its owner(s) and that it is also making more complete use of an animal carcass, some might say that it is the ultimate environmentally friendly article of clothing.

Edward, mtrlr, navetsea and 4 others like this.
  16. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

+1

17. Dbrn

Dbrn Familiar Face

I can't believe I'm the first to post this given the title of this thread, but here goes:

upload_2019-9-20_18-28-39.jpeg

Colin G, Edward, mygar and 2 others like this.
  18. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

contrary to the usual environment or other event tshirt that is only worn once and thrown away the next day, lucky if it is going to be used to mop bathroom floor once before getting into the dustbin.

19. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Nothing new or curios there. Hypocrisy is a human trait - you'll find plenty of it in politics, religion, and business too.

I was a vegetarian for some years and had no issues wearing a leather jacket or entering vegan and vegetarian venues. No one seems to take notice.

El Marro and torfjord like this.
  20. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

What not to do in a leather jacket..
    Warning, not for the fainthearted.