Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Now? Hat is 7 3/4, I'm a 7 1/4-3/8...

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer
I bought this hat from a dealer who bought it at the Stetson Factory closing sale in St. Joe.
Brand New size 7 3/4 Stetson Grey colored Fedora style hat with 1 1/2" brim, 5" crown and black ribbon hat band.
fh1.jpeg

fh2.jpeg

http://tinyurl.co.uk/60xc
I was the only bidder @ $20. All I can think of is to become a Red Skelton impersonater doing his Clem Kadiddlehopper or Freddie the Freeloader character.
Any punkin' heads out there who can use this hat at cost?

I would hate to break the hat up for parts. Where are you gonna' find such a stingy brim with such a high crown? lol

Fuzzy

New in Town
Katt in Hat said:
I bought this hat from a dealer who bought it at the Stetson Factory closing sale in St. Joe.
Brand New size 7 3/4 Stetson Grey colored Fedora style hat with 1 1/2" brim, 5" crown and black ribbon hat band.
fh1.jpeg

fh2.jpeg

http://tinyurl.co.uk/60xc
I was the only bidder @ $20. All I can think of is to become a Red Skelton impersonater doing his Clem Kadiddlehopper or Freddie the Freeloader character.
Any punkin' heads out there who can use this hat at cost?

I would hate to break the hat up for parts. Where are you gonna' find such a stingy brim with such a high crown? lol

Hey there, I'm a 7 3/4 and my Mother never chased me around the house at Thanksgiving! Beside size, I'm pretty much an extra long oval, if you still have it, I should be able to make a home for it.

I'm wondering if it might be safely shrunk. I can attest from bitter experience that heat does indeed shrink wet felt. If it isn't large beyond all reason, maybe soaking it in water and then blasting it with a 1,500-watt hair dryer would bring it down a size or three. Or maybe it would ruin it. So it could be that cutting a deal with Fuzzy is what the hat gods want.
Any experts care to offer an opinion?

Fuzzy

New in Town
Katt: I'd love to have that hat. Let me know how much and how to pay you.
Since I got a hair cut (the back and sides of my head) a 7 3/4 fits nicely!:fedora:

Magus

Practically Family
With that much of a size difference your best bet is to sell it to Fuzzy. I recently did the "something behind the sweatband sizing" successfully. After trying different items I found that a piece of soft leather cut into a long strip works the best. The seude side placed against the hat behind the band stay put as it "grabs" the felt.

M

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer
The Seller Gave Me Almost All My Money Back!!

:arated: He kept only $2.50 for fees he paid to eBay. Since he bought a bunch at the St. Joe Stetson Auction; and because he's proven to be s a Stand up Guy, I have made him a favourite seller and expect that he has yet unlisted treasures in his bag. His moniker is tlriver on eBay and his name is
Tim Hatfield

Hatfield Hardware & Sporting Goods
2028 Fredrick Ave
St. Joe. Missouri 64501
816 233-9106

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24