Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Other Forums do the FL Crowd Frequent?

Verboten

New in Town
I love the polished Fuchs. Can you guess which forum I frequent.
7204e656416bac679a23ee27ffd58922.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Let's see. I'm a bit of a forum junkie, so I frequent:
*Michael-Myers.net (a Halloween mask collecting forum)
*Jurassic Park Legacy (internet largest Jurassic Park forum - I moderate there, and have done so since 2012. I used to Admin, focus on PR, but I don't have that kind of time anymore)
*JPtoys.com (A Jurassic Park collecting forum)
*RebelScum (a Star Wars collecting forum)
*JediCouncil Forums (a Star Wars general forum)

Beautiful house! I only F. Lounge it. No Facebook. No instagram. No Twitter. No snapchat. I do most of my conversing at work.

:D

Can't believe I missed it until Touchofevil's post - but yes, that is a gorgeous house. And TOE, you bring so much to FL that I'm really glad that, if you only frequent one forum, you chose FL.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
This is the only forum I frequent on a daily basis. I do belong to a WW2 forum, but haven't been there in awhile. I'm very active on FB and Twitter (which I resisted for years - but glad I made the plunge. Have connected with some really good people). I also love Pinterest.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I belong to p15-d24.com, a forum for owners of pre-1950s Chrysler products, and will post there occasionally, and often read Nitrateville.com, a forum for enthusiasts of pre-fifties movies. I also read Film-Tech.com, a forum for movie theatre technicians. But in general, my internet presence is confined exclusively to the Lounge.

Thank you, Lizzie. I've signed up at Nitrateville.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wow, that is a narrow subject matter to support a regular forum - are there a lot of new posts daily? I ask because we have a broad as heck theme here at FL, but many broad and popular threads - "What Movie did you most recently watch," for example - don't get a lot of traffic on any given day. That said, what do I know, maybe the collector - fan base for monitor tops (which I think are awesome) is huge.

There's no where near the traffic on this site, but there's about 10 really dedicated folks. There's a lot to restoring these things. People who love them, LOVE them. Most of the core posters have several. They are dirt cheap unrestored, considering they are built like tanks.

Monitor tops are also quite addictive. We have a monitor top and a flat top, the monitor we have is a CK. When we have more time, I'd like to buy and restore an example of every monitor style model and display them though our home. My husband is really keen on this, and it's one collection I've encouraged.

I always wanted one as a kid. I can remember flipping through my parents' Old House Journal and seeing them in people's kitchens. I figured they were out of reach. Then one day the husband said, "you know, we could get an old fridge for the kitchen at the new house, like a monitor top." I was like, "really?? Could we please?" I told him then I had always wanted one.

There's no where near the traffic on this site, but there's about 10 really dedicated folks. There's a lot to restoring these things. People who love them, LOVE them. Most of the core posters have several. They are dirt cheap unrestored, considering they are built like tanks.

Monitor tops are also quite addictive. We have a monitor top and a flat top, the monitor we have is a CK. When we have more time, I'd like to buy and restore an example of every monitor style model and display them though our home. My husband is really keen on this, and it's one collection I've encouraged.

I always wanted one as a kid. I can remember flipping through my parents' Old House Journal and seeing them in people's kitchens. I figured they were out of reach. Then one day the husband said, "you know, we could get an old fridge for the kitchen at the new house, like a monitor top." I was like, "really?? Could we please?" I told him then I had always wanted one.

That's a nice story - I'm so glad you have one.

This is the only forum I am an active participant of. I occasionally check in on one about GM 4x4s, but just looking for advice, not engaging with any friends. I also post on Instagram, I've found it to be a good venue for my artwork, and have made a few sales as a result, but it's not a real big place for conversation. I have connected with a few other loungers there, though.

plain old dave

A-List Customer
Time to weigh in... I am a regular at a LOT of gun sites, mostly Golden Age military stuff, and moderate one of the only Krag-specific forums on the Web.

Gallifrey Base, a Dr. Who forum
TNDeer, a hunting forum
And honestly I am on so many I have long since lost track.

Juanito

One of the Regulars
I see now I have been on here over 8 years...

My forums: VLJ, ADVrider.com, thumpertalk.com. BendDualSport.com, VintageMX.us. It is either leather jackets or motorcycles for me.

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
I use Facebook to keep up with scattered family and their gatherers that I can't attend. my other interests are hats ( of course), fly fishing and sea kayaking. I am not the least interested in fly fishing forums for some unknown reason yet am almost addicted to all kayaking forums both U.S. and world wide. go figure ?

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I'm a member of several forums, but I don't post much anymore. I still follow discussions on the Acoustic Guitar Forum and here...and I followed a few topics on VLJ until it crashed last month. And I post fairly often on Facebook.

AdeeC

Practically Family
yeah, I want to do that too but I can't add another forum - I have to earn a living and these things suck me in. That one looks really good though. I'm torn, but so far, I'm staying away. Enjoy - I bet you'll really like it.

Nitrateville is a great forum. There are many film professionals, academics, collectors and just plain old fans. A very inclusive forum, a fantastic resource of classic cinema and also a great heads up on current and pending releases of classical films. And happily free of trolls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner