Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What pants to wear with an odd navy pinstripe jacket?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Forgotten Man said:
Isn't that Jack Warner?

IMG_3037_edited-1.jpg

Nope, that's Sir Guy Standing, a wonderful British character actor: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0822058/

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Some mighty fine looks with the odd jackets. I too had an odd jacket I got from Ebay. I liked the jacket and it was cheap. So I bought it with the idea I could make it work with solid pants. The jacket was a medium (not quite navy) blue with a gray pinstripe. So I pared it with a pare of gray wool slacks. Top it off with a gray fedora, and I had a great look! At first I wore black shoes with it. Then one day I opted for my cordovan wingtips. I felt that those looked the best. Wish I had a pic.

Other things I have done is to take a black DB jacket and pair it with white pants and b/W spectators. And a brown DB jacket and pair it with white pants and brown and white spectator shoes.

I like those looks. And since a lot of the times its easier to find a vintage jacket that fits rather than a whole suit, I find myself looking for more clothes to combine in these looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot