Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Price Glory A-2 Jacket

Trotsky

A-List Customer
Jerry Lee's stuff varies from from run to run no matter what you purchase. His RAF stuff is highly controversial in the reenaqcting community. I bought his first run of British BD and it was like a bloody blanket. His newer stuff is way better (for the price) but still not like Panther store (which is dead on). I'm happy I bought my A2 before the second run. Sad that his Irwins have did the same, I sort of wanted one.

Trotsky

A-List Customer
An update on this jacket: I love it. I added a nametag and it's at the tailor's right now pending Captain's bars on the shoulders. I've worn it more than any other jacket and seriously cannot say enough about it. I added a "ditching whistle" and will add a squadron insignia when I have one made ( in the works). I'm re-creating Yossarian's A-2 from Catch-22 and yes it's my everyday jacket.

A bad thing: Now I want more A-2s. Help, you folks created a crazed addict.

DougC

Practically Family
Love the writeup. Has anyone ordered one of these jackets recently? I'm curious about how the current version is put together.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Considering ordering one of these, i would review the current run. unless anyone else has?

Not sure if you're my size but I am selling mine (see the first pages) as I have beefed up a bit over the last year and mine doesn't fit in the shoulders.

It has since had a Perry label added and I'm going to throw in an USAAF rubber stamp for the winged stencil which goes under the label - never got around to doing it myself.

PM if you're interested, otherwise I'll post it on the classifieds here when I get a chance to take some snaps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran