Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Songs Have Your Name in Them?

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone know of a song about Rebecca? Preferably an old one. It's a good movie name, but maybe not song name...

Tangoman

New in Town
Tom's diner by Suzanne Vega, although Tom is not mentioned by name in the song although he could be the man behind the counter who only fills the coffee cup halfway.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
"...my buddies Six, Nick and Tom..." (or something like that) from "Smokin' in the Boys Room" by Motley Crue. Just what you were looking for, I'm sure. :D

There's also "Tom Dooley," a song about a murderer.:eek:

Tangoman

New in Town
Thanks Paisley, I have not murdered anyone and am usually a gentle soul although came close to violence when someone thoughtlessly spilt candle wax on my vintage Borsalino fedora.:mad:
Have also been reminded Major Tom features on Space Oddity and Ashes to Ashes by David Bowie.

AudreyH

Familiar Face
My name pops up in these songs. "Brain Damage", "Crazy In Love", "Bad Influence", "Don't Approach Me", "I Better Go", "Danny Boy, Danny Boy", and "Forgot About Dre". I don't recommend any of these songs. I just looked up songs that mention Hailey and most of them are kind of bad songs. lol

Kassia

One of the Regulars
dollydaydream said:
'Katie' by David Ford
'What Katie Did' by The Libertines (I hate them)
'Katie' by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
'Ballad of Katie' by Hothouse Flowers
'Maybe Katie' by Barenaked Ladies
'Katie W' by Fenix TX (My sirname starts with a D though...)
'Katie Cruel' by Bert Jansch
'Katie's Been Gone' by Bob Dylan

Common as muck it would seem lol

Ohh thanks for the ideas.. My dh calls me Katie and i've been looking for some tunes..

Everyone know the song with my name in it.. It's a very famous irish tune..

I'll Take You Home again Kathleen.....

Kathleen by Josh Ritter

Kassia

One of the Regulars
dollydaydream said:
'Katie' by David Ford
'What Katie Did' by The Libertines (I hate them)
'Katie' by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
'Ballad of Katie' by Hothouse Flowers
'Maybe Katie' by Barenaked Ladies
'Katie W' by Fenix TX (My sirname starts with a D though...)
'Katie Cruel' by Bert Jansch
'Katie's Been Gone' by Bob Dylan

Common as muck it would seem lol

You forgot
Kaytee and Tommy by Trish Yearwood...

Bluebird

New in Town
My dad named me Jennifer after Donovan's "Jennifer Juniper". I can't think of any other song with Jennifer in it. There are a couple with Jenny in it tho, can't remember the names of the songs at this time.[huh]

^_^bluebird

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
I never really thought about songs with my name in them. I was never really fond of my name; "Scott" only had one syllable and didn't roll off the tongue well. I had a dickens of a time finding one about my wife, though. I wasn't too happy with Boston talking about "my Marianne walking away" (I wanted to keep her), so I kept on looking. When I finally found Gordon Lightfoot's "Mountains and Marianne," though, I knew I'd hit paydirt. Two of my favorite things in one song!

Kishtu

Practically Family
Well, one of my names appears precisely *nowhere* (Melanie - well the only rhyme I can think of is "felony" which I might object to...)

but t'other - Christian - hah! "Christian Militia", New Model Army... "Onward Christian Soldiers"..... Christian Death, not very good goth band....
Spoilt for choice!

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I also have a niece who is named Jennifer, though I doubt my brother was hip enough to name her after the Donovan song.

There is a line in the song C.C. Ryder that goes "Jenny take a ride, now."

If there are any other references to a Jennifer or Jenny I can't recall at present.

Jennifer's older sister is named Michele and she was born in 1967. Guess how she got her name?

Marizpan what is your first name? Maybe we can find a song with at least your name in it.

karol

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
ive changed this reply...was working my way through the begining of the thread, and answered a question that i found later...

was trying to check if my name was mentioned...the only song i know off hand was Gilbert osullivans "claire"...

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Oh boy are you leaving the door open...

strutmisslizzie.jpg

By the writers of After You've Gone. Introduced in the Ziegfeld Follies of 1921.
Recorded notably by Mills Hotsy Totsy Gang, 1930, with Bix, BG, Big T and the indomitable Dick Robertson.
(click for RealAudio 3.0)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR