Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear in 110 degree heat with high humidity?

Doc Smith

Familiar Face
cookie said:
Mycubanstore.com have Irish linen guayaberas on sale in the long sleeves for weddings. http://www.mycubanstore.com/100-irish-linen-cuban-stlye-elegant-french-cuffs-long-sleeve

I ordered a pair of ivory Irish linen trousers from mycubanstore.com last week. For $48, they wouldn't have been bad except for one problem--the fabric is so thin that you can see far more detail than I wish to divulge in public! They'll be on their way back to Miami as soon as I get to the local UPS store.

A guayabera in that weight fabric, however, would probably be just right. I guess I'll try the linen trousers from Dress Monkey next.

W4ASZ

Practically Family
Florida Cooks !!!

Tomasso said:
Linen, linen and more linen.

And BTW, Florida has never recorded a temp of 110°. Miami, for instance, has only reached 100° once in its history.

Good point. But come away from the coast. The State all-time record is 109 degrees F. at Monticello, Florida in June, 1931. Ouch !

Light colors, light weight clothing, cotton ! Y mucho agua !

vintage68

Practically Family
Mid-fogey said:
...funnin' you.

I'm deep in a cool building, and would wear my jacket if I wanted to.

BTW,:eek:fftopic:, but my F-22, F-16, and F-15 pilots take strong exception to your subscript.

:eek:fftopic: Soon we'll only have pilotless drones. Do the math, $1 million for a drone, $300 million for an aircraft, and that's the cheap ones....

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I can see it now.....Super Bowl XLVIII....Hana Montana finishes the National Anthem.....Six drones, in formation, conduct a flyover...........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21