Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What type of suit is Cary Grant wearing in this photo?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Marc Chevalier said:
From Esquire:

"Although Grant, who is fifty-six, favors such abominations as large tie knots and claims to have originated the square-style breast-pocket handerchief, he is so extraordinarily attractive that he looks good in practically anything. He insists upon tight armholes in his suit jackets ... Something of a maverick as to tailors, he now goes to Quintino (around $225 a suit) in Beverly Hills, California, and, whenever possible, certain of the preposterously low-priced geniuses in Hong Kong."

Hmmm I do like the fact that they didn't call it a "TV" fold... I hate that term... 80's creation to make it sound "new cool".

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Anyway...back to old Cary's dress sense...

Absolutely a man of great satorial elegance right into old age. Not sure if I would have the heart to get his suits tailored to my size even if I could get hold of one or two of them. In fact, I think I'd have them sealed in a glass case for all to look at.

He's definitely a style icon if ever there was one. Him and Edward VIII.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy