Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
pistolpete said:
Really good, I thought. Kate is almost universally amazing. Except for the new and band Indy film.

www.axelsltd.com

I really liked Charlotte Gray, too. I tried to read the book, but couldn't get into it. And the book is (surprise surprise) nothing like the movie.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I watched the Parent Trap tonight - the new one with Dennis Quaid. One of my favorite movies. I like the original, as well - Maureen O'Hara is wonderful in it.

Hondo

One Too Many
The Notorious Bettie Page, well there was a reason for waiting so long to review this film, as much as I love Gretchen Mol this film left me feeling something was missing, Gretchen Mol was excellent as Bettie, trouble is the script, the ending in peculiar, I read about Bettie's life, maybe she was that naive, she still needs to be portrayed highly better than this, I can't see how they let this end this way unless it was their budget, the film started out well, then tailed off, I kept thinking Ralph Meeker private dicks, cops, and all that 50's film noir. Love Gretchen (and Bettie) but what a waste of talent.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Because I was bearing 100 degree weather with the pooch, we sat around and watched crappy movies.

Some:

Cloverfield.
Eh. I so wanted to kill the dude who was holding the camera, he was such a tool, with all his yammering and such.
The monster reminded me of the ones from the movie The Mist, or is that the other way around?

Jumper.
Id like to say this movie was utterly craptacular, but the premise (people born with the ability to teleport and a religious sect bent on hunting them down) was pretty cool. Now, our hero was lame, the execution was a big ol mess, the 'ending' was so so stupid, and once again I bet the book was WAY better. Also, what was up with Sammy J's hair?

The Tattooist.
A Bmovie horor flick that is pure escapism. You cant dissect something like that.

Constantine (again)
I LOVE well lit movie, and this is one of those. Also I LOVE their interpretation of Satan, and Ill watch pretty much anything with Tilda Swinton in it *girl crush*!

Penelope
I love fairy tales. And this was a cute one.

Rob Roy (again)
Just a real good film :)

LD

Dominic

One of the Regulars
Last movie I've seen in a theatre: The Incredible Hulk. I liked this one way better than the first one.

Last movie at home: Hunt for Red October. I had seen it a few times but I just wanted to see it again.

Sean

Familiar Face
django
its a spaghetti western about a gun runner who drags around a coffin that conceals a machine gun!!!

Bugsy

One Too Many
I just finished watching Foreign Correspondent with Joel McCrae, Laraine Day, and George Sanders. It still holds up pretty well. Add to this the wardrobe. I think the gentlemen in the Lounge will covet Messrs McCrea and Sanders suits.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Selentino said:
KY Gentleman, Lady Day,
I'm curious would you see the movie again? I could not wait to see the movie.
Growing up my father took us to the drive-in to see Omega Man so many times I was glad when they started showing it on TV so we could skip out. But after seeing I am Legend I left the theater with mixed feelings and to this day I'm unsure of how I feel about it.

I would see it again, not for plot or anything, but for direction, production design, all that stuff. I felt cheated not for the story it could have been, but that it seems the story it was just fell flat.

LD

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
Recently saw the new Indy movie at the theater and enjoyed that.

Yesterday my daughter was home and we sat around watching pretty bad dinosaur movies on Sci-fi, then she started looking through my DVD's and said "The Lady Vanishes" sounded good and she'd never seen it.

I'm not one to turn down a chance to watch Margaret Lockwood ;) so we enjoyed a nice classic movie together.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
i watched the following movies on planes in the past 4 days: the other bolyn girl, nosferatu, definitely maybe, and penelope.

a lot of time in the sky. [huh]

zaika

One Too Many
The Day After Tomorrow - sorry, but the flooding scene was awesome, it scared the heck outta me. it was definately A Movie With A Message. but that's okay by me.

Much Ado About Nothing - i was being juvenile and added "dude" or "whoa" after every line Keanu Reeves delivered. lol lol lol but these is my favorite story of all time...so yay.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
zaika said:
Much Ado About Nothing - i was being juvenile and added "dude" or "whoa" after every line Keanu Reeves delivered. lol lol lol but these is my favorite story of all time...so yay.

Ha!

Thats one of my favorite film adaptations, but it is SO painful to watch him in that movie :eek:

LD

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
'Girl 27,' a documentary about a 1937 MGM Stag Party where a woman was lured there under false pretenses
and raped. Not terribly well made, but enlightening about the film industry at the time, and of course, an important story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy