Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I just watched The Happening, I know many people don't like his style, but I kinda do, that understated almost non-hollywood like endings appeal to me. I do think he have made better movies, but I liked this.. (don't want to write anything about the movies, so I don't spoil it).

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I'm watching "They Live" from 1988! Rowdy Roddy Piper is fightin' to save earth from aliens. Great flick and it contains probably THE LONGEST fist fight scene in history! Where are my sunglasses....

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Chinatown with Nicholson, last night. Didn't care that much for the plot (and why is it called Chinatown when only the last 10 minutes take place there, because of Gitties past association with it?), but watched it for the period clothes, cars, architecture, etc. Before that, viewed Hollywoodland, about the death of George "Superman" Reeves. Found it interesting, but it was disappointing to learn of how much a cad Reeves could be at times. Period touches were nice.

shortbow

Practically Family
Saw MY SISTER EILEEN with Rosalin Russell and Janet Blair on TCM last nite. Very funny and lots of great style. What a dame that Janet Blair was. Swoonsville.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
"The Swimmer", Burt Lancaster.

This film always disturbs me but there's just something about it
that compels me to watch it for the 20th time!

KY Gentleman said:
I'm watching "They Live" from 1988! Rowdy Roddy Piper is fightin' to save earth from aliens. Great flick and it contains probably THE LONGEST fist fight scene in history! Where are my sunglasses....

That's a classic- saw it a few times at about midnite, on TV.
Underrated- more alien invasion flick fans should watch it.

B
T

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Widebrim said:
Chinatown with Nicholson, last night. Didn't care that much for the plot (and why is it called Chinatown when only the last 10 minutes take place there, because of Gitties past association with it?), but watched it for the period clothes, cars, architecture, etc.

!

And here I thought it was the greatest screenplay ever written and the most fitting/significant title. To each their own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy