Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Djupis

One of the Regulars
JennyLou said:
Just finished Part I of Band of Brothers. I should probably be studying for finals or applying for jobs but instead I'm going to try and watch the whole series today.

I just finished watching the last three episodes today. Certainly gets you hooked.

Feraud

Bartender
Watched Directed by John Ford. Made in the early 70s by Bogdanovitch who interviews of John Ford, John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Walter Hill, Spielberg, Henry Fonda and others. Ford was a great American director.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Watched Directed by John Ford. Made in the early 70s by Bogdanovitch who interviews of John Ford, John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Walter Hill, Spielberg, Henry Fonda and others. Ford was a great American director.
I think he'd also like to be remembered as a great Irish one. That is, if The Informer and The Quiet Man are anything to go by, or his habit of giving his birth name as Sean Aloysius O'Feeney. (He was first-generation, born John Martin Feeney in Maine.)

Interesting how the docu seemed to float in time - Ford, Wayne, Fonda et al. as their early 70s selves, anchored by Orson Welles' hoary bass-baritone - yet interlaced seamlessly with Spielberg, Scorsese, and Hill at their present ages.

I wish the Wayne/Stewart dichotomy in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance had been explored a little. I think we can trace the birth of The Duke as mythic icon to that moment. Not Stagecoach - not Sands of Iwo Jima - but the final feminization and symbolic overthrow of Jimmy Stewart as male role model. Hero replaced by antihero; substance replaced by style posing as it. C'mon back in the kitchen, Mr. Stoddard - coffee's on, and it's a new world of new men.

vintage68

Practically Family
The Hangover.

Laugh out loud funny in spots. Very much a "guy" movie with lots of scatalogical humor.

The ladies might not find it very funny, but if you're a guy you should see it with some buddies.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
"Slingblade" is on right now. I really like the music during the video montage when he's released from the hospital/prison at the beginning.
I looked it up on-line the tune is called "Jimmy Was". Its very nice.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Just finished The Aviator. I'm worn out now, and need to go night night. Will have to see it again with the sound off and fast forward through it just to see all the dynamite costumes and cars!

ValenciaCalling

New in Town
I watched "It Happened One Night" on TCM a few nights ago. I had always heard about it but I had never seen it before. It was fantastic! I expected it to be cute, but I was surprised at the number of times I laughed out loud. Gable and Colbert are magnificent together. I can definitely see what all the fuss was about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy