Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

BruceTracy

One of the Regulars
DanielJones said:
Last night it was 'The Boys From Brazil'. Gregory Peck sure can play a chilling & diabolical character when he wanted to.

article-1080071-0052ED2300000258-386_468x286.jpg

Cheers!

Dan
:arated:
That's also the last movie I watched! I watched it on TCM last night after "North By Northwest."

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
John in Covina said:
I can't believe the way he just sailed out there!

Maybe he was a practical joker?

We're the ones in the Imperial and we're last?!

What could happen to an Old Fashioned?

They're gonna be stumblling over you in the dark!

How many people has he killed?
There'll be more!

You vandals!

Did you all hear what mamma said?!

I went to see this as a little kid with my brother when it came out and it's still one of my favorite films ever.

John In Covina, if you just rattled those quotes off by memory you would have fitted in perfectly with the dedicated fans on Saturday night!

Only a small fraction of the ladies actually liked IAMMMMW, while all the guys were cracking up, actually laughing before a scene came on.

Wally_Hood said:
John In Covina, if you just rattled those quotes off by memory you would have fitted in perfectly with the dedicated fans on Saturday night! Only a small fraction of the ladies actually liked IAMMMMW, while all the guys were cracking up, actually laughing before a scene came on.

One of my bother's (and mine) favorites is Sid Caesar shouting: "We on fire!" in the basement of the hardware store.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
kittypackard said:
That film is one of THE greatest films.
Ever.
Period.

(AND TALK ABOUT A FABULOUS SOUNDTRACK!!!)

Brilliant movie - agreed!

I was in Vienna in January of this year and was lucky enough to see a great deal of the sights in the movie - Vienna is such an incredibly beautiful city.

Feraud

Bartender
If you like The Third Man you owe it to yourself to see The Man Between. This film was also directed by Carol Reed and stars James Mason. A kind of sequel in terms of location and atmosphere. I remember there being more Vienna location shots than TTM.

donCarlos

Practically Family
Psycho was also on TV here a few days ago, but it was some 1996 version, not very good...
But the last movie I watched was Operation Petticoat - Cary Grant on a pink submarine says it all :)

edit: agreed, Boys from Brazil is interestig movie. I would hesitate to say great, but good.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Meet the Robinsons was on the movie roster tonight. Always enjoy that one. Especially all the little easter eggs that they throw in it for the Disney & movie fan is always fun to pick out. :)

Cheers!

Dan

Edward

Bartender
Antje said:
Cry Baby !!!!!!!!!!!!

"Sumthin' hillbilly. Sumthin' coloured. Sumthin' mah Daddy would have loved."

One of those films I can watch over and over again..... the movie Grease Would love to have been, but was never smart enough and always too mainstream to be.... :)

Last night I watched Dead Snow, a Norwegian film about some kids who go up to the mountains on an Easter break from University, and awaken an ancient evil in the form of Zombie Wehrmacht commanded by a zombie SS General and his SS guard, all of whom disappeare, presumed dead, in the mountains back in the 40s. It's schlocky and fun, a well executed example of thed genre clearly influenced by Evil Dead, Zombie Lake, and a number of other classics, with also a nod to Indy (the famous "Fortunae and glory, kid, fortune and glory" line is quoted by one of the characters). What the genre really needs now, IMO, is something along thse lines but set during WW2 - a dieselpunk zombie movie.

As a side note, I am pleased to report that it looked to me very much like all the zombie's uniforms were correct, down to the fat that only the blak-uniformed SS offiers were wearing swastika arm bands (a common mistake, in my experience).

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Cadillac Records... It had its moments - some of the musical performances were very good - but it should have been a lot better. It was well done, but lacked excitement, somehow.

Feraud

Bartender
The Penalty with Lon Chaney. The Man of A Thousand Faces plays a victim of a mistaken double amputee. As an adult, Blizzard (Chaney's character) is head of an organization of criminals conspiring to loot San Francisco and revenge on the doctor who took his legs.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
A Family Affair, the first in the Hardy Family series, which became the Andy Hardy series.

Love Finds Andy Hardy, which is third (?) in the series.

Cry Danger!, a good noir with Richard Powell, Rhonda Fleming, William (Gunsmoke) Conrad, and playing a Marine vet who lost a leg, Richard Erdman, who gets the best lines. If you get a chance, watch this one.

Antje

One Too Many
Edward said:
"Sumthin' hillbilly. Sumthin' coloured. Sumthin' mah Daddy would have loved."

One of those films I can watch over and over again..... the movie Grease Would love to have been, but was never smart enough and always too mainstream to be.... :)

totally agree!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ