Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
"George White's 1935 Scandals," another one of those overlooked Fox musicals churned out during the middle thirties, but as high in quality as anything being produced at any other studio. In fact, this is pretty much Fox's attempt to produce a Warner Bros. musical -- George White himself appears as the snappy-talking Cagneyesque producer, Alice Faye is an odd combination of Ruby Keeler and Ginger Rogers, James Dunn is Dick Powell, Cliff Edwards is Frank McHugh with a ukulele, Lyda Roberti is Una Merkel, Arline Judge is Joan Blondell, and Ned Sparks is -- Ned Sparks. All that's missing is Guy Kibbee and Hugh Herbert, but they did find a place for Benny Rubin.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I watched THE MISSING JUROR (1944) this morning, one of the least puzzling mystery-thrillers ever made, though one does find oneself wondering how Jim Bannon, who plays the protagonist, ace reporter Jim Keats, ever got cast in anything, so that's one sort of mystery.

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
Private Lives (1931) starring Norma Shearer, Robert Montgomery, Una Merkel and Reginald Denny. Great movie, though I wish I could have seen the play at the Phoenix Theatre, London back in 1930 with the cast of Adrianne Allen, Noel Coward, Laurence Olivier and Gertrude Lawrence.

Lear

One of the Regulars
My favorite movie. I just watched it again on DVD. A line from it...

"It was everyday implied but never declared".

Guess the movie :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic