Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Orphan
It wasnt very good, quite ridiculous story logic, but it was disturbing to see 'a kid' do what she did. When she played the piano I just kept thinking, "she cant be a kid."
:rolleyes:

LD

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I just finished watching The Night of the Hunter with Robert Mitchum, Shelly Winters, and Lillian Gish. It got an 8.2 on IMDB, a 98 on Rotten Tomatoes, and featured all these big names, so I was eager to watch this masterful work of suspense.

I didn't get what I expected. It was SO BAD. The acting was awful, the scenery was fake; The story dragged aimlessly on, awkwardly introducing new characters, and losing all semblance of a conclusion. (Look at the message boards on IMDB - I'm not alone with this opinion!) The only things that were good were Mitchum's creepiness - which shines through all his roles anyway - and Lillian Gish, though this role was beneath her.

With this film for a debut, I'm surprised Charles Laughton enjoyed a successful directing career!

MisterCairo said:
I re-watched "Big Night" tonight.

"Do you know what happens in that restaurant every night? RAAAAAAAAPE! The RAPE of CUISINE!"

"It is so good, that you have to KILL yourself! YOU CANNOT LIVE!"

lol

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Key Largo, most enjoyable.

rocco.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I saw Thief of Bagdad that way. A 3 hour silent movie on the big screen with a live pipe organist. One of the best film going experiences of my life.

LD

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
mannySpaghetti said:
I watched "Marked Woman" with Bette Davis(va va va voom!) and Bogey last night. Loosely based on "Lucky" Luciano's exploits. Bogart was supposed to be portraying Thomas Dewey sort of. Not a bad flick.

Amazing flick! I think I'll watch that tomorrow night. Tonight, I have to finish Take Me Out to the Ball Game, with Frank Sinatra, Gene Kelly, and MGM's own mermaid, Esther Williams.

It's sad how underrated as an actress she was. She spends 90% of this film out of water, and is great.

Mirinda

New in Town
Ethan Bentley said:
Spirited Away - better than I expected.

That's such a sweet film... I watched it when i was a nanny and loved it.

Yesterday I watched, for the first time, "Once Upon A Time In America".... such lovely clothes! Both for men and women. I kept on saying to my boyfriend "all the men look so elegant... why don't men wear hats every day, like they used to?"

Of course, I know the gentlemen in this forum are all elegant and wear nice hats :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy