Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1.) A new, really bad no-budget horror film called "paranormal phenomena" or something like that -- I even forgot the title, complete garbage

2.) Men Who Stare At Goats -- largely good

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I liked the film because it dispels any myths about war being heroic or brilliant or romantic or...any of that sentimental crap. War is hell, and the last few minutes of the film really drove that in hard.

One quote from 'Flags of our Fathers' sticks in my head:

"Every idiot thinks he knows what war is...those are the people who have never been in one".

It's true. Unless you've actually gone there and done it...you got no damn idea at all...and I think this film showed that.

Big Baby Macoy

New in Town
Last Movie I saw

The question is "Last movie, I saw not greatest movie I saw!"..so that would make it "Boston Blackie goes to Hollywood!"...Chester Morris's dry, juvenile and sometimes awkward attempts at sarcasm. His feeble attempts at clever word play fail to reach the absolute perfection of Wiliam Powel and his razor sharp wit. Now William Powel has charisma, street smarts, riches from a beautiful wife, friends in both high and low places plus the kid can pack a mean punch (oh, I almost forget Asta) . What does Blackie have Runt.......watch the Thin Man series and see how comedy, mystery movies should be done............

storman113

Familiar Face
Fred and Ginger

Watched them on AMC today, 3 movies in a row. Amazing how they can do a complete dance sequence without any camera cuts! They don't even seem to be tired, both must have been in super shape.

Watched Boston Blackie the other day, Big Baby Macoy's comments ring true!

Norumbega

One of the Regulars
Today before heading over to my sister's for Thanksgiving (and Happy Thanksgiving to all btw), I sat down and watched a really cool film that I would recommend to anyone.
It's entitled, "The Worlds Fastest Indian" (2005), with Anthony Hopkins in the title role. I loved it..........and you would too. Coolest part is that it's a true story.

Feraud

Bartender
Norumbega said:
Today before heading over to my sister's for Thanksgiving (and Happy Thanksgiving to all btw), I sat down and watched a really cool film that I would recommend to anyone.
It's entitled, "The Worlds Fastest Indian" (2005), with Anthony Hopkins in the title role. I loved it..........and you would too. Coolest part is that it's a true story.
I really enjoyed this film. Hopkin's character had a lot of grit.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Norumbega said:
I saw that film with a kiwi friend who remembered the guy from when he was a boy so I got a real blast out of it lol
Just settling in to watch my hero in "An Affair to Remember" on PBS :eusa_clap
Scooter

Christy

One of the Regulars
I watched Macao last night and loved it. Jane Russell is fantastic and I think Robert Mitchum and Russell were a good onscreen couple.

I missed the Astaire and Rogers movies today on TCM, I was bummed but I was busy cooking so I couldn't watch and no one else was interested in watching them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters