Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
Get Your Man. It was pretty cute; I think Clara Bow was underrated as an actress in her time. Seeing how good she was in pretty unexceptional material makes me wish she'd ever got a chance at better films.

Buddy Rogers was very handsome, too. :eek:

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Andy Hardy's Double Life (1942). In a medium sized role, Esther Williams. Andy's getting ready to leave for Wainwright College, Judge Hardy wants to accompany Andy to his old alma mater and Andy doesn't want him to. Polly and Sheilah, the Esther Williams character, team up to "teach Andy a lesson" about flirting, breaking up, and so on. Good fun, very predictable, well within the formula of the series.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
In between and around the SuperBowl, I watched 8 1/2 on TCM. I managed to catch 90% of the game, and still saw at least 95% of the movie. Wow, what a great flick. I've seen plenty of other Fellini. but never managed to catch this one.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Starting a week's run of "The Single Man," with Colin Firth in a wrenchingly-tragic performance seasoned with meticulous early-sixties period detail. Directed by a fashion designer, Tom Ford, who is a little too too too in spots, but overall does a respectable job. Bring your hankie.

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
The premiere of Metropolis, restored. Live from Berlin.

From some blog:
A restored version of Fritz Lang’s original 1927 “Metropolis,” including negatives that were believed lost until they came to light in Buenos Aires in 2008, will be screened at the Brandenburg Gate on Feb. 12. With temperatures hovering around freezing, it will be interesting to see how many cinema enthusiasts brave the cold.

The new version of the silent movie is 30 minutes longer than the existing one and will be accompanied by the Rundfunk- Sinfonieorchester Berlin performing Gottfried Huppertz’s original score at the Friedrichstadtpalast.

An exhibition about the movie and its restoration is on show at the Museum fuer Film und Fernsehen at Potsdamer Platz.

storman113

Familiar Face
In the Mood

On TV a few days ago, watched from the DVR.

Movie is supposed to be a real story of a 15 year old boy who runs off with a 23 year old married woman. Will never be a classic!

The good part was seeing in color some of the clothing worn during the mid 40's. The two tone, short jackets were a surprise to me, I didn't think they would look that good!

Hondo

One Too Many
Michail Manns 1986 "Manhunter" with William Peterson,
featuring the "other" Hannibal Lecter.
I read the book Red Dragon after, I think even better
than Silence of the Lambs.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
LizzieMaine said:
Starting a week's run of "The Single Man," with Colin Firth in a wrenchingly-tragic performance seasoned with meticulous early-sixties period detail. Directed by a fashion designer, Tom Ford, who is a little too too too in spots, but overall does a respectable job. Bring your hankie.

Caught this one today.... LOVED the detail, the color, the aesthetic.

Did you notice the cameo voice of Jon Hamm? He wasn't credited, but he has a distinctive voice.

JimWagner

Practically Family
This afternoon The Untouchables was on tv. I caught about half of it before I had to go out. I think I'll be on the lookout for it to be on again. My wife's comment was , "Just about everyone in this movie is wearing those hats you like to wear."

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
John in Covina said:
The Wolfman - I enjoyed this remake. It had its homage to that which had gone before but was really neat with a few new story lines to add in.

So I always let my guy pick the movie....our Valentines date was The Wolfman :eusa_doh: :rolleyes: [huh] I dont deal well with gore (as in my eyes are closed and I'm turning away.) But it was entertaining...when I could watch.:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner