Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

theinterchange

One Too Many
Puzzicato said:
Nope - no opossums! I think squirrels are the only thing that fill the tree-dwelling mammal niche.

I was tempted to get some blueberries and go to the park to find a beagle and test the theory.

haha! Well, when I was growing up, my dad had several beagles, I never witnessed this interesting trait. :p

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
"The Mummy - Tomb of the Emperor Dragon". Absolute crap. Terrible script, shitty acting, cringeworthy attempts at humour, pants CGI. Complete bloody drivel. Avoid.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Road to Utopia, with Harry Crosby and Leslie Townes Hope. TCM host Robert Osborne, who in my opinion has the best job in the world, lets us know that the picture was completed in 1943, but not released until 1945; the reason, says Robert, was that during the war pictures played for longer engagements, thus less demand for new product each week.

Also, this was the first picture written from scratch for Crosby, Hope, and Lamour, all previous Road films adapted from existing screenplays.

Wacky, with a lot of breaking down the fourth wall humor, animals cracking wise with animated mouths, and wild zingers about Crosby's race horses, Hope' radio show toothpowder sponsor, and so on...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
"Charlotte Gray". I really enjoyed this one, well acted, beautifully shot and a nice rendering of Sebastian Faulk's novel.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
A Man Called Horse & The Return of A Man Called Horse with Richard Harris. Haven't seen those in a very long time. Forgot how much I enjoy those films, even though there is little English spoken & no subtitles.

Cheers!

Dan

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The Unknown Man, 1951, with Walter Pidgeon, Barry Sullivan, and among many others, Keefe Brasselle.

Upright lawyer Pidgeon hired to defend Brasselle who is being prosecuted by DA Sullivan, but there's several twists and turns. The irony is thick enough to cut with a knife, and plot advances turn on coincidences that happen only in the minds of mystery writers, but it's lots of fun.

Biggest distraction is Pidgeon's character's constantly pinching his lower lip, rubbing his cheeks, burying his face in his hands, twisting his pinky ring, and several other gimmicks to convey stress.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Wally_Hood said:
The Unknown Man, 1951, with Walter Pidgeon, Barry Sullivan, and among many others, Keefe Brasselle.

Upright lawyer Pidgeon hired to defend Brasselle who is being prosecuted by DA Sullivan, but there's several twists and turns. The irony is thick enough to cut with a knife, and plot advances turn on coincidences that happen only in the minds of mystery writers, but it's lots of fun.

Biggest distraction is Pidgeon's character's constantly pinching his lower lip, rubbing his cheeks, burying his face in his hands, twisting his pinky ring, and several other gimmicks to convey stress.

I've never seen this one, and it sounds interesting...

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Our show for this week is "Greenberg," with Ben Stiller, from Noah Baumbach, a director whose specialty is showing overeducated self-absorbed gits in all their glory. This one is way over the top -- Greenberg is exactly the sort of nose-picking superannuated 21st Century Manchild that so many of us around the Lounge love to hate -- and my comment to folks coming in who ask me how the movie is is to say "You'll be glad he's not your boyfriend."

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Wally_Hood said:

Upright lawyer Pidgeon hired to defend Brasselle who is being prosecuted by DA Sullivan, but there's several twists and turns.

No matter what the crime, Brasselle is guilty of it. Few actors have ever walked the earth who are more annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo