Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Anvil! The Story of Anvil - good, not as good as the hype.

The Fantastic Mr. Fox - if you like Wes Anderson, as I do, you'll love it. If you hate Anderson, it's more of the same.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
An Education - one of the few movies I have really enjoyed of late (LOVED all the vintage clothing too!).

It's Complicated - not as funny as I thought it was going to be but an enjoyable enough way to spend a few hours.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
"Wind Chill". Some horror flick from a year or two back, not terribly badly acted (for a horror) but ultimately not very satisfying. 5/10.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Sherlock Holmes - the recent one - The worst movie I've watched this year (I can't remember if District 9 was this year or last, but that's the worst thing I've ever seen). Amelia was worse, but I turned that one off. Pure garbage.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Starting a week's run of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo -- a nine-reel Swedish mystery that keeps up a high level of interest thruout. Ask at your local theatre for a complimentary press-on dragon tattoo, such as the one I am not wearing.

theinterchange

One Too Many
The last movie I saw was Fantastic Mr. Fox. I really really expected more from that one. It was entertaining, but I thought there would be more action, not long sequences of heart to heart animal dialogue.:eusa_booh

Artistically, I thought the movie was stunning looking, one of my favorite stop motion films in terms of style and effects, but still expected more.

I'd probably watch it again to see if I completely missed the point, but it'll be a while before that happens.

Randy

P.S Did I say I expected more? lol

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
"The Lovely Bones" directed by Peter Jackson. This movie had a great cast and a good premise but it was about 40 minutes too long. I don't like it when directors beat you over the head with imagery to make a point that has already been made. Skip this one!

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Flying down to Rio"

"Flying Down To Rio"

[YOUTUBE]cwAW1Wbzj-w&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Just saw this at the Cygnet Cinema in Como, I recognised the Scene of the "Ariel Ballet" as it was copied by Ken Russell in his 1971 Movie "The Boyfriend"

newboyfriendbook.jpg

"Goodness what Glamorous goggles, Twiggy , and rather the look of a young, pre Hollywood, Marlene Deitrich?"

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Nine - a really boring movie even with the all star cast - forgettable (bordering on tuneless) songs and a lot of tasteless dance routines that were, I have to say, quite vulgar....

Fritz Lang's "The Big Heat" last night on TCM. It is always a fun one to watch. I love the suits, the dresses, the cars, the clubs, the exterior and interiors shots of that time period. A beautiful time.

Hollywood Video is going out of business and selling all their films. I picked up

"King Kong" 1933
"And Then There Were None"
"As You Like It" with Laurence Olivier
"Chariots of Fire"
"It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World"
and "Inherit the Wind"

Puzzicato

One Too Many
theinterchange said:
The last movie I saw was Fantastic Mr. Fox. I really really expected more from that one. It was entertaining, but I thought there would be more action, not long sequences of heart to heart animal dialogue.:eusa_booh

Artistically, I thought the movie was stunning looking, one of my favorite stop motion films in terms of style and effects, but still expected more.

I'd probably watch it again to see if I completely missed the point, but it'll be a while before that happens.

Randy

P.S Did I say I expected more? lol

I enjoyed it - but I was baffled by the opossum. Why an opossum? All these little British animals (in species if not accent) and farmers and landscapes and then an interloper!

theinterchange

One Too Many
Puzzicato said:
I enjoyed it - but I was baffled by the opossum. Why an opossum? All these little British animals (in species if not accent) and farmers and landscapes and then an interloper!

That one puzzled me a bit, wasn't sure if you have them in the UK. Though, he was pretty funny. The REAL head scratcher was "beagles love blueberries". haha

Randy

Puzzicato

One Too Many
theinterchange said:
That one puzzled me a bit, wasn't sure if you have them in the UK. Though, he was pretty funny. The REAL head scratcher was "beagles love blueberries". haha

Randy

Nope - no opossums! I think squirrels are the only thing that fill the tree-dwelling mammal niche.

I was tempted to get some blueberries and go to the park to find a beagle and test the theory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn