Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
I really liked that movie. :) LD

It certainly was well done and well acted - it left me thinking and wondering (I like a movie that makes one think!). But it was a depressing feeling - I actually felt sad in the hours after I saw it.

-dixon cannon

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Road to Bali, 1952, in Technicolor. The boys are showing their age. Lots of trick photography, with marginal process lines. Cameos a'plenty, but I won't spoil it for you by rattling them off.

This is the first one that, for me, felt like it was following the formula, not inventing itself as in the previous Road movies.

Still laugh out loud in lots of places.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The Beast of Hollow Mountain. Wow. Heard about this growing up, in that whole Famous Monsters of Filmland sub-universe that made me what I am today. It's in Cinemascope, with Guy Madison as a Texas rancher ranching on a ranch in Mexico. Locals are conflicted about him and his ranch. Never mind that, the first appearance of the B of H M is at the 59 minute mark, and then it's not the Beast, it's a reaction shot of some poor actor pretending to be terrified of an off-screen Beast.

We see the Beast about seven or eight minutes later. It's Willis O'Brienesque. Look, I'm not going to spoil it for anyone by revealing what goes on. If you've time to burn, or if you're trying to catch up on all the monsters you missed when you were an adolescent, you may enjoy this.

To be completely up front, I fast forwarded through long stretches of wide screen mesquite and people talking about something because I was looking for the Beast.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
"The Road". Not a patch on the book (but then there was no way it could come close to that) but surprisingly well done. Well acted, visually spot on in keeping with the book. Not bad at all.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (Les Parapluies de Cherbourg) - I just love this beautiful movie - just a joy from start to finish - a gorgeous score with beautiful cinematography and brilliant performances all round - such a sad and fine love story.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Rocknrolla, Guy Ritchie's most recent written and directed by. VERY entertaining, in the spirit of Lock Stock and Snatch, a little less of the optical effects, but enough humour to balance the violence. With his helming of Sherlock, it looks like he's recovered from the Madonnanitis he was suffering from...

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
article-1282535-09BB96E3000005DC-24_468x539.jpg

"Oh I didn't realise it was an Animated Movie!,.......... so heavily airbrushed they look like cartoon characters!""

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
"The Gathering Storm". ABC here in Oz decided to put on this brilliant movie tonight. I have seen it before a couple of times previously but this is in my top 10. Albert Finney's portrayal of Churchill is my favourite actor's role. A simply marvellous film with a jaw-droppingly sublime performance. Magic!

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
K-20 The Fiend with 20 Faces Screened at The Seattle International Film Festival.

On December 8th 1941, the Imperial Japanese government signed a peace treaty with the U.S and Britan, averting a world war. It is now, 1949 and continued Imperial rule has resulted in a strict class-bound society where the royalty rule and the poor live in squalor.

However, in the city there are rumors about a mysterious thief, who steals from the rich, named "Kaijin Niju-Menso" - the Phantom Thief with 20 faces. A young circus acrobat is mistaken for K-20 and now must clear his name as well as find the secret of Nikola Tesla's powerful electrical broadcasting machine before it is too late.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u-_ligy-g9c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u-_ligy-g9c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

The movie is a fantastic "diesel-punk" adventure with lots of action and humor. Highly recommended for those who like all of the Indy movies as well as Sky-Captain. It is currently available on DVD, but is not on Netflix yet.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I watched both versions of the Wicker Man back to back.

The first one was quite interesting and the music was great. The second one was lame and I thought it was silly making the 'religion' a matriarchal one, but in turn worshiping a wicker man. :eusa_doh:

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo