Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

MissMittens

One Too Many
I watched the French flick, 'Les Yeux Sans Visage' (Eyes Without a Face)' 1959. Creepy!

OMG....that's one of the creepiest movies ever made IMO. I watched Le Scaphandre et le Papillon the other week.....(The Diving Bell and the Butterfly).....that was a very disturbing movie. The French do a great job at cinema - they should, after all, they did actually invent it. They just don't do glamour or action very well, with one exception being anything starring Catherine Deneuve. I have no idea how old she is now, but she still looks great and is in my top 20 dreamgirl wishlist LOL

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
OMG....that's one of the creepiest movies ever made IMO. I watched Le Scaphandre et le Papillon the other week.....(The Diving Bell and the Butterfly).....that was a very disturbing movie. The French do a great job at cinema - they should, after all, they did actually invent it. They just don't do glamour or action very well, with one exception being anything starring Catherine Deneuve. I have no idea how old she is now, but she still looks great and is in my top 20 dreamgirl wishlist LOL

Hi roadierfl, definitely a creepy flick. Unsettling, unnerving..etc. I haven't seen The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, the title sounds very Dario Argento inspired. I'll have to check it out!

X
BD

CharlieB

A-List Customer
I'm a die-hard Sherlock Holmes fan, and I didn't last 10 minutes into the Hollywood movie...it irked me! *lol* As a avid reader of the A. Doyle novels and stories, I just couldn't swallow this flick! I have heard that the BBC series is good, people seem to really enjoy it!
X
BD

I too am a big fan, having read all the stories and novels a few times over. I thought it was an enjoable movie, but not good "Sherlock Holmes". After years of being irked, I finally realized you have to look at films and the books they are "based on" as two totally different beasts, or you will always be disapointed.

MissMittens

One Too Many
Hi roadierfl, definitely a creepy flick. Unsettling, unnerving..etc. I haven't seen The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, the title sounds very Dario Argento inspired. I'll have to check it out!

X
BD

It's about the editor of Elle magazine, his wife and child, and his mistress after he gets a seizure and ends up paralyzed. He's totally cognizant of his living hell and ge figures out he can wink in one eye, and his nurse writes down his autobiography one letter at a time.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I too am a big fan, having read all the stories and novels a few times over. I thought it was an enjoable movie, but not good "Sherlock Holmes". After years of being irked, I finally realized you have to look at films and the books they are "based on" as two totally different beasts, or you will always be disapointed.

CharlieB: I agree; one has to separate the book from the film in order to enjoy it (no mater the adaptation). However, I also don't care for RDJ, so...

Same here, regarding reading the novels and stories over and over. I'm currently reading an ACD biography, which is fascinating.

X
BD

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
It's about the editor of Elle magazine, his wife and child, and his mistress after he gets a seizure and ends up paralyzed. He's totally cognizant of his living hell and ge figures out he can wink in one eye, and his nurse writes down his autobiography one letter at a time.

Sounds interesting and maddening...all that winking!
;0
X
BD

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab

I read that book some time ago (and have yet to see the movie) and thought it was incredible - short but incredible.

I watched the Prince and the Showgirl last night. Lovely movie, it may be my favorite of Marilyn's movies.

The one and only Marilyn movie that I cannot watch from start to finish - she was the only redeeming thing in the movie and acted Olivier off the screen - you could only watch her anyway (that's pretty much the case any time she is on screen). The script was clunky and slow moving and Olivier was so stiff - she was incandescent though.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Defiance (2008)

What a strange mix of genuinely interesting story and overly-canned Hollywoodism! I enjoyed the film and I believe it was entirely saved by two decent actors who allowed the story to tell itself. Otherwise, I could see where the directors and producers wanted so badly to imitate/emulate other big money Hollywood dramas, and thereby ruin the film. I enjoyed it, I'd recommend it to a friend.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Defiance (2008)

What a strange mix of genuinely interesting story and overly-canned Hollywoodism! I enjoyed the film and I believe it was entirely saved by two decent actors who allowed the story to tell itself. Otherwise, I could see where the directors and producers wanted so badly to imitate/emulate other big money Hollywood dramas, and thereby ruin the film. I enjoyed it, I'd recommend it to a friend.

I love that this film was based on a little known true story. Daniel Craig does an excellent job in it.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love that this film was based on a little known true story. Daniel Craig does an excellent job in it.

Yes he does, and so does Liev Schreiber; I've always liked the both of them in everything they do. I think another interesting point was that neither brother (in reality) discussed the ordeal much. Strong people and humble, too!

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I watched 'Cat People' not too long ago. ;0 The sequel, 'The Curse of the Cat People' isn't very good and doesn't fit much at all with its predecessor. An odd film!
X
BD

Ooohh, I disagree! Whilst I agree the 'sequel' really has nothing to do with the original at all, I think it's actually better in some respects. Its's really a different animal entirely, a beautifully shot, atmospheric story about childhood and innocence.

MissMittens

One Too Many
Ooohh, I disagree! Whilst I agree the 'sequel' really has nothing to do with the original at all, I think it's actually better in some respects. Its's really a different animal entirely, a beautifully shot, atmospheric story about childhood and innocence.

Cat People was a strange film. Can't say that I've seen Curse of The Cat People to compare

W-D Forties

Practically Family
Cat People was a strange film. Can't say that I've seen Curse of The Cat People to compare

They are both odd and eerie films. I first saw them on the Late Night Horror Double Bill on BBC2 when I was about 12 with my best friend. We were sleeping on her couch and were both half asleep when they were on and that added to the dreamlike quality they already have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany