Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
^Eek, I saw a clip for that and it freaked me out:eeek:- now I have been reminded of it I’m sure to have nightmares and I’m on my own too (hehehe)…..

Well on a more chipper thought I watched Green for Danger with the delectable Trevor Howard and Alistair Sims today…. One flaw in the film the colour Green is key to films plot yet it’s in b&w, so, pray tell me how does that work?! I’ll let them off though as Trevor is in it:eek:…..

Tups

Last edited:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
This ties for my favorite movie of all-time. I don't know how many times I've watched Laura, but it never gets old.

Have you seen Where the Sidewalk Ends, again with Andrews and Tierney (and again directed by Preminger)? In a way, Andrew's detective character (whose name is also Mark) is like a six-year older, now-hardened version of his Laura counterpart, who falls for the estranged wife of a would-be torpedo that he accidentally knocks off...

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
^Eek, I saw a clip for that and it freaked me out:eeek:- now I have been reminded of it I’m sure to have nightmares and I’m on my own too (hehehe)…..

Well on a more chipper thought I watched Green for Danger with the delectable Trevor Howard and Alistair Sims today…. One flaw in the film the colour Green is key to films plot yet it’s in b&w, so, pray tell me how does that work?! I’ll let them off though as Trevor is in it:eek:…..

Tups

Green for Danger is outstanding; Sims steals the show. One of his character's lines made it into Halliwell's guide as an example of clever script-writing~
Doctor's assistant, explaining how nitrous oxide, evidently not thoroughly pure, can act as "laughing gas": "It's the impurities (in the gas) that cause the laughter." "It's the same in the music halls," remarks Inspector Cockrille.

Antje

One Too Many
[video=youtube;Lg-stbKXFp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg-stbKXFp4[/video]

Ja zuster nee zuster, a great dutch movie, I really like to sing along with the songs of this movie

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Got around to watching the Tourist the other night. Yes, quite predictable, but a charming little adventure and love story. And with a backdrop like Venice, visually very enjoyable. Won't mind watching this one a couple more times.
And, at the end I thought that their chemistry on the boat as they sail off was somewhat Nick & Nora. Who knows?...

Cheers!

Dan

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
The Dark Corner (Fox, 1946), with Lucille Ball, Mark Stevens, Clifton Web (repeating his role from Laura), and William Bendix. Very good Noir, with great lighting. The famous line spoken by Stevens, from whence comes the title: "There goes my last lead. I feel all dead inside. I'm backed up in a dark corner, and I don't know who's hitting me."

Also saw Dark Passage (Warners, 1947), with Bogart and Bacall; hadn't seen it in many years. Enjoyable, with a framed anti-hero who for once does not clear his name. I thought that the POV which takes up the first one-third of the film was well done, but I expected a bit more from the storyline, which seemed to stretch credibility at times. The ending, with Bacall meeting Bogart at a Peruvian night club, was a nice touch, though.

Last edited:

DNO

One Too Many
Watched Mississippi Burning on PBS tonight. I always try to catch it when it’s on; the casting in that film is fantastic.

Absolutely! The scene with Gene Hackman and Frances McDormand in the kitchen is a great piece of acting. What a couple of professionals...the subtle changes in their facial expressions were brilliant. McDormand and Hackman deserve much more attention than they receive.

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Mommie Dearest
No waaaaay!
When I was in high school I had a buddy who would occasionally do a rendition of the "Wire Hanger" scene in Mommy Dearest. Considering he was about six foot tall and the spitting image Clancy Brown made it a riot.

Anyway, here's something to enjoy!
[video=youtube;Uxq1qriIyCM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxq1qriIyCM&feature=related[/video]

As far as movies...I'm watching a VHS version of O Brother Where Art Thou. I never noticed before just how much full screen really $ucks when you watch a movie.

Last edited:

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
No waaaaay!
When I was in high school I had a buddy who would occasionally do a rendition of the "Wire Hanger" scene in Mommy Dearest. Considering he was about six foot tall and the spitting image Clancy Brown made it a riot.

Anyway, here's something to enjoy!
[video=youtube;Uxq1qriIyCM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxq1qriIyCM&feature=related[/video]

That was gas! Thank you!

The particular scene was so over the top - in fact that goes for the whole movie! I read the book years ago and was horrified - however, so much of it has been disputed so it's hard to say how much of it was real but anyway it whiled away a few hours on a horrible wet day.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner