Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Let's see...

Rango. One of the most unusual and, quite frankly, bizarre films I've ever seen. It's not really a kids' movie, though that's how they're marketing it.

Monkey Business with Cary Grant and Ginger Rogers.

Hall Pass with Owen Wilson. On the same par as the Hangover movies, but surprisingly did have a point to it.

Transformers 2, which I had never seen. I can't say as I'm all that enlightened now that I finally watched it.

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
That was gas! Thank you!

The particular scene was so over the top - in fact that goes for the whole movie! I read the book years ago and was horrified - however, so much of it has been disputed so it's hard to say how much of it was real but anyway it whiled away a few hours on a horrible wet day.....

I have heard that and yes it's crazy over the top.

Raining and horrible? No!

I would give my left arm to see Ireland. I bet Dublin is excellent! But I suppose if you've always lived there, it's no big deal.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Last year's Woody Allen movie You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger.

Meh. Typical late Allen: lazy storytelling (e.g., unnecessary, annoying omniscent narrator who's not an onscreen character) with some scattered interesting moments and performances. Not his worst by a long shot, but not memorable either.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
That's why I'm not rushing out to see it amidst the flurry of great reviews and word of mouth. I'll see it next year on cable... and likely think it a little better than his late-career average, but nowhere near the hype.

Which isn't to say that there aren't plenty of great flicks by the Woodman. Just that after following him for forty years, I don't feel a burning need to schlep to a theater annually.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Last year's Never Let Me Go.

I thought it was beautifully done, and very moving. It proved that Carey Mulligan's outstanding performance in An Education was no fluke - she's a great actress. Great work by Andrew Garfield, Keira Knightley, Charlotte Rampling, and Sally Hawkins too.

Yeah, it's quite depressing. It's the best kind of "soft" science fiction - it really gets you thinking about our own world and our own place in it. A very moving alternate-history drama...

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Last year's Never Let Me Go.

I thought it was beautifully done, and very moving. It proved that Carey Mulligan's outstanding performance in An Education was no fluke - she's a great actress. Great work by Andrew Garfield, Keira Knightley, Charlotte Rampling, and Sally Hawkins too.

Yeah, it's quite depressing. It's the best kind of "soft" science fiction - it really gets you thinking about our own world and our own place in it. A very moving alternate-history drama...

I really want to see this - even though I don't particularly like Keira Knightley - I started to read the book a couple of months ago but found it hard to get into - was hoping to finish it before seeing the movie but if I don't that's fine. I think Carey Mulligan is a brilliant actress (and she seems a smart girl from interviews that I have read).

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I don' think much of Keira Knightley either, but her part is very much a supporting role. She's not the focus of the film, and only appears in about a third of it. Definitely don't skip it based on your feelings for her. (I personally think that both her acting ability and looks have been wildly overpraised for years.)

Edward

Bartender
Let's see...

Rango. One of the most unusual and, quite frankly, bizarre films I've ever seen. It's not really a kids' movie, though that's how they're marketing it.

I watched that on a plane recently, though I only have managed to see the first half so far. I loved it. Quite subversive in that it is a film made for adults that they can take kids to. Way beyond the usual "kid's movie with a few adult level gags". I don't imagine a lt of today's kids would fully 'get' it - when were westerns last big with kids? But it is beautifully done. I laughed out loud at a number of things in it - not least the nod to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Watching Batman the movie.
Uh, the ORIGINAL done in 1966.
Holy Campiness Batman! :D

Oh dear. I remember loving the Penguin's submarine in that. The whole Adam West Batman stuff put me off the character for years, though, it was just so naff and tacky. Can't stand it now.... Still do love the sub, though.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I'm getting ready to watch Criss Cross starring Burt Lancaster and Yvonne DeCarlo. I've not seen this one and I have high hopes!

Man, I hope that you enjoyed it! Not a near-perfect film, but it still gets me going. The ending scene with Duryea appearing as an angel of death is great.

Top Hat, Blue Skies, and Key Largo...

Classic Marathon!!

Just saw Key Largo after many years, and I liked it a lot. First-class acting, and a good plot, all under Huston's steady hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR