Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
The American with George Clooney this evening. A little on the slow side but not too bad. It had the feel of an old western of the gunslinger that wanted to get out of the business and was looking for redemption. The ending is open enough that it leaves it up to you to conclude.

Cheers!

Dan

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Oh, and from the other day.

The Water Engine.

[video=youtube;TLhaol2j9Uk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLhaol2j9Uk[/video]

TCMfan25

Practically Family
Man, I hope that you enjoyed it! Not a near-perfect film, but it still gets me going. The ending scene with Duryea appearing as an angel of death is great.

Just saw Key Largo after many years, and I liked it a lot. First-class acting, and a good plot, all under Huston's steady hand.

Bogart, Robinson, Bacall, cracked and wisked in a bowl by the hand John Huston, surely to come out a masterpiece!

Key Largo is one of my favourites!

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
We literally just finished watching National Lampoon's Vacation. My wife got some DVDs on sale, this was one marked "two for $20". It has all four Vacation films with the main cast (it does not include the infamous Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure) on one disc.

Not Casablanca, but then, Casablanca isn't NL's Vacation. Just fun!

JWS34

New in Town
I am not certain that this meant for documentaries, but I just watched the American Experience's Riding the Rails, and MacArthur. I found them both to be very impressive productions and made the purchases. I own several of the PBS documentaries and have not found anything else to have depth enough to produce a four hour long biography. I did see a portion of a film this morning with Red Skelton And Virginia O'Brien. I have recently become interested in her and am amazed that she seems fairly obscure now. It seems to me that she was a great talent.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Watched Kinsey (2004) with Liam Neesom last night. An interesting film to be sure. Thought the costuming was fantastic and I loved his array of bow ties that he wore. Would dig on finding some of that ilk.
On that note I chalk this one up to a thinking mans film with a great backdrop of I think the 40's and 50's.

And then right after it was Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I suppose it is a 50's night for me.

Cheers!

Dan

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
"Buck", a documentary about Buck Brannaman, the guy that Ghost Whisperer was based on. It's Buck's horse that was actually in the Redford movie. It's an amazingly moving documentary of his life and his methods of training horses. Brilliant, excellent. Four thumbs up.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2.

I've never been big on sword and sorcery (Boorman's Excalibur excluded), but the new movie was quite good. An entertaining and solid finish to the Potter series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot