Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Edward

Bartender
Inglorious Basterds. Entertaining, but I don't know what to make of it given the historical inaccuracies at the end (I won't include spoilers). I feel the ending takes away from the body of the film. It was a rental, probably won't be added to our collection.

The ending was one of my favourite bits. I believe it to have been a comment on the ridiculous liberties long taken by Hollywood in relation to the facts of WW2.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Forever Young...

I remember it when I was younger but watching it again I realize what a strange and entertaining piece of work it really is.
That capsule that Mel Gibson's character sleeps in is pure comic book genius. And the whole story in general is brilliant, and yet amazingly sad.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Inglorious Basterds. Entertaining, but I don't know what to make of it given the historical inaccuracies at the end (I won't include spoilers). I feel the ending takes away from the body of the film. It was a rental, probably won't be added to our collection.

I really liked that film. I also like the fact that they went "fantasy" towards the end, and had Hitler and the Nazis in the burning theater killed. It was very satisfying to watch Hitler die...

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Just finished watching "Lured" from 1947 with Lucille Ball and George Sanders. Lucille Ball plays a dancer from America that ends up helping Scotland Yard solve a case where a serial killer is killing lonely females. I really enjoyed seeing Lucy. She was such a beautiful woman. In my WWII footlocker, that I use for Air Corp living histories, I have a pinup of her from the 40s. So many great clothes in this movie as well.

=GG=

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
Tremors, followed by The Running Man.

Long time since I've watched back to back movies by myself on a Saturday night. They were both on cable and I just let the first flow into the second. Enjoyed them both too.

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Murder My Sweet (1944)

[video=youtube;hIVAF6AVaSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIVAF6AVaSw[/video]
[video=youtube;AAAXdj1E5Gc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAAXdj1E5Gc&feature=related[/video]

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Finally caught The King's Speech last night. Sadly it was on DVD on a 27 inch TV, so a lot of the gorgeous scenery and sets were hard to see.
I enjoyed it a lot, tho I'd have to agree with some of the reviews that pointed out how Hollywoodized the story was. There were several historical inaccuracies that I objected to, even tho I realize they were ther as dramatic devices. For example, I can't imagine that King George EVER had a chat with Stanly Baldwin, where the latter admitted what threat Hitler was. Likewise Churchill's comment to the King as he walks in for his big speech. But still, it was a great flick. And George VI really deserves to be commemorated in this way.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The Way Back, about the escapees from a Siberian prison camp who walked to India in 1941. The language was rough in spots, and, yes, career criminals don't act like Pollyanna, so there's a couple of crude vignettes of life while incarcerated. I guess PG-13 is the new R, so I must learn to decode the MPAA labels...

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I've had True Lies on DVD for two years now with the wrapping still on it. I saw it in theatrical release (mumble, mumble) years ago, then a billion times on VHS, and finally unwrapped it and saw it in widescreen glory. I don't know why I find it entertaining, but I do.

So there....

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
A Canterbury Tale - one of the few Powell & Pressburger classics I hadn't seen yet. Definitely not up to the level of their masterpieces from a couple of years later (A Matter of Life and Death, Black Narcisuss, The Red Shoes, etc.), but another interesting, unique film.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff