Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
It was pretty good - an interesting storyline (wonder if it influenced The Life of David Gale in any way) and a nice twist (although some small plot holes) - not the greatest Fritz Lang movie - I much preferred the brilliant and overlooked While the City Sleeps (one of my favourite movies) also starring Dana Andrews.

Thanks. I've never seen it despite its many airings on TV. It seems *almost* like film noir with the necessary elements (cast, director) but not...

As for Dana Andrews I'm quite into Fallen Angel (1945).

Rio Lobo
Rio_Lobo___SLIM-22184827082005.jpg

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Not a movie, but another evening with the 70s Ellery Queen tv series, starring Robert Hutton and David Wayne. The guest stars are amazing; in "The Adventure of The Sunday Punch" there was Lloyd Nolan, Dane Clark, Robert (not Alan) Alda, and being a boxing setting, Jerry Quarry and Art Aragon.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Newsfront (1978) My favourite Australian movie. Set in the late 1940's it incorporates extensive news reel footage of the 40's into the narrative. The following clip probably belongs in the Rioting across America thread :)
[video=youtube;TX3BHekPhoA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX3BHekPhoA[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL