Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Mark Of The Vampire with Bela Lugosi and Lionel Barrymore.
Great movie that I've seen numerous times but I never tire of it.
Just started Curse Of The Demon from 1957.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Master- Liked the acting by Phoenix, but not so much the movie, a little to disjointed. Anyone else see this movie?
Great for hats and clothes I might add.

Dixon Cannon

Hey, my friend who shall remain nameless, who lives elsewhere just advised me to watch my mail for a copy of 'Song Of The South' he's sending me. NOW THAT will be a fun flick to watch again after probably fifty-years! I shall write a review once I screen it! -dixon cannon

Poster-SongoftheSouth_03.jpg

Hey, my friend who shall remain nameless, who lives elsewhere just advised me to watch my mail for a copy of 'Song Of The South' he's sending me. NOW THAT will be a fun flick to watch again after probably fifty-years! I shall write a review once I screen it! -dixon cannon

Poster-SongoftheSouth_03.jpg

Here you go:
htt[video=youtube_share;2BtjW7PW2z0]http://youtu.be/2BtjW7PW2z0[/video]

JonnyO

A-List Customer
The Naked City,decent movie but it was quite interesting the way they did it. The audio didnt quite match up with the film sometimes and it was oddly narrorated.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Just finished "The Cat's Meow", which I had seen before, but not from the beginning. It's a little slow and disjointed, but certainly a compelling story, and what aficionado of the 20s wouldn't enjoy the lush sets and constant background music?

Starts in 15 mins. Will let you know :)
Well. Man, this was one painful, yet amazing movie. Phoenix knocked t out of the park. More than even Christian Bale in The Fighter. But I don't know what the purpose was. To thinly mock Scientology; to be a voyeur into the life of a pair of completely damaged war vet's? My *ss hurts as does my brain. I'm not going to say don't see it, but I can't really recommend it either. Right before that, we saw "The Book Of Mormon" at the Pantages theater in Hollywood. That was funny. So Mormon and Scientology in one long day. Happy to be home.

bond

Butte, now I don't feel so bad about saying anything negative about the master.
Thanks for confirming what I thought was a long movie that went nowhere and to have to sit through trying to figure out what the heck it was about.
That's the seductive pull of an art fully done trailer for ya!

Butte, now I don't feel so bad about saying anything negative about the master.Thanks for confirming what I thought was a long movie that went nowhere and to have to sit through trying to figure out what the heck it was about.That's the seductive pull of an art fully done trailer for ya!
Morning bond,Don't feel bad. My wife and I are sometimes way apart and often close in our movie taste. Others coming out of the Director's Guild theater were saying much the same. You can't knock the acting or cast. And after a night's sleep, I do "get it", however I still find it not a movie I'd recommend unless someone I know is looking for such a film. It was over two hours and felt it. I suppose it offers a new look at the nor ally very romantic flashbacks we're used to in WWII era films./topics. They accomplished that ;)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The Beast Must Die (1974), put out by Amicus studios.
It's a murder mystery, where several guests are invited to stay for a few days (by the owner), for one specific reason...each guest has murders in their past involving a werewolf. The estate's owner is a big game hunter, and hopes one of the guests will turn into a werewolf, so he can catch it...but which one??? Very interesting "who done it" with a twist, since Halloween is around the corner. :)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Thunder Birds, 1942. Not a very good movie, but great flying by the late Paul Mantz, expecially the water tower sean when he buzzes it in a Boeing 100, civilian version of the P-12. Also, Gene Tierney, WOW, what more do I have to say! Little trivia TMZ had before the movie, the photo that Preston Foster hands to John Sutton of a WWI pilot in a fur coat that was supposedly John's father, was actually a photo of the director William A. "Wild Bill" Wellman when he was serving in the Lafayette Flying Corps, there is also a painting over Lady Jane Stackhouse's fireplace, that is also of Wild Bill!
Thunderbirds_zpsdc785fd1.png
[video=youtube;zH92U3iPGi4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH92U3iPGi4[/video]

Channel surfing this afternoon and saw that the last half hour of 'The Outlaw Josey Wales' was on. My dad insisted we watch, and if he hadn't, I don't know if I could have stopped myself anyhow lol

The Chuck Norris movie title escapes me just now, however I remember the line.

Villian trys to say something and chuck drabs him by the throat and says " If I want your opinion I'll beat it out of you."

CCJ

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Just finished The Black Cat from 1934 with Karloff and Lugosi. Is this one of those "pre-code" movies that we hear about? I found it disturbing on a whole lot of levels.

On a cheerier note, Mrs. H and I watched a dvd of The Nine Tailors from the excellent BBC Peter Wimsey series. I enjoyed it, she sort of watched it because I talked it up so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner