Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

220px-The_Carson_City_Kid.jpg

Auld Edwardian

A-List Customer
It was the 1974 version of Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie. That movie could never be made today as the almost endless list of silver screen and stage talent that was used in that film no longer is around.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
It was the 1974 version of Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie. That movie could never be made today as the almost endless list of silver screen and stage talent that was used in that film no longer is around.
Great point.
In fact you hardly see movies made that way nowdays because of cost and ego I suppose.

Auld Edwardian

A-List Customer
Great point.
In fact you hardly see movies made that way nowdays because of cost and ego I suppose.

Even if money were no object, and you had unlimited funds you could no make another movie such as the 1974 version of Murder on the Orient Express owing to the fact that there just is not the talent to pull from to make the film. This is just a list of those actors that were in the film that are no longer with us: Martin Balsam Ingrid Bergman, Jean-Pierre Cassel, Sir John Gielgud, Dame Wendy Hiller, Anthony Perkins, Rachel Roberts, and Richard Widmark. Those that are still are around that were in the film are: Albert Finny, Lauren Bacall, Jacqueline Bisset, Sean Connery, Venessa Redgrave, and last but not least Michael York. Even with unlimited amounts of money, you just could not find talent of this caliber to this extent! It just does not exist today. This is a great film that does not have any of the "Industrial Light & Magic" Star wars effects. It is carried alone by both Agatha Christie's story, and the talent of the cast. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
there just is not the talent to pull from to make the film.
I'll second that.
This afternoon the movie I watched, that I will never get that part of my life back was...
The Legend of Lylah Clare.
And I thought it was the fried catfish that stinks in my house. :D
Now I'm a connesuier of bad movies, but at 2hrs and 15 minutes, this one just wouldn't stop, unlike the short Mystery Science Theater 3000 features I watch. And of course, nobody making wise cracks during it either.
Nice idea, but it took too long to get it across. :eusa_doh:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Dark Shadows. I still think it's a load of fun.

Cheers!

Dan
Just got that in on DVD, after seeing it at the theater when it came out.
As a big fan of the original series, the movie was done well IMHO.
Oddly enough, I'm watching an episode of Hammer House of Horror and it's featuring Kathryn Leigh Scott in this one. Weird...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto