Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

DameWhoDrinks

Familiar Face
Wonderful movie.
Duck Soup shows how much the brothers resemble each other, when made up in the same way. In this case ala Groucho.

I've seen Duck Soup, and while it was good( mirror scene being CLASSIC) it wasnt as Zany as I tend to like them. Thusfar, my favorite Marx Brothers movie is Horse Feathers, because its so very zany.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I've seen Duck Soup, and while it was good( mirror scene being CLASSIC) it wasnt as Zany as I tend to like them. Thusfar, my favorite Marx Brothers movie is Horse Feathers, because its so very zany.
Horsefeathers IS a good one. I want to say it has Thelma Todd in it, and a scene where she fell in the water and actually (in real life) couldn't swim. A crew member had to jump in and save her.

This afternoon it was Ed Wood, as my wife didn't remember seeing it.
Then we followed it up with Bride Of The Monster, the MST3K version, since we know the history behind it now.

wdl4001-c1.jpg

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Watched the early John Ford / Will Rogers classic, "Judge Priest". As I understand it, it is a hard movie to find, too many negative racial stereotypes. Film features Stepin Fetchit; not a welcome actor in some circles, but the first African American actor to earn a million dollars. The overall message of the film, namely that we all ought to treat each other right and not act like we are better than those around us, is good.

Also, the early themes and scenes often referred to by Ford in later years are evident. Will Rogers visits his wife's grave with a camp chair (She Wore a Yellow Ribbon). The Civil War is referred to as the "war of the rebellion? No the war for the Southern Confederacy" (several, but Stagecoach comes to mind).

And Ford's brother Francis is one of the jurors.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Into the Abyss - Very good documentary from Werner Herzog where he interviews several people affected by a triple homicide including the young man awaiting execution for the crimes.

Elsker Dig For Evigt (Open Hearts) - Although a familiar story which has been done countless times I found Open Hearts rises above many similar dramas. Excellent heartfelt plausible performances from Paprika Steen and Mads Mikkelsen as the couple whose seemingly happy marriage is torn apart by an accident.

AntonAAK

Practically Family
Man on Wire. A fascinating account of the man who tightrope walked between the towers of the World Trade Centre in 1974. Highly recommended!

Hondo

One Too Many
The Aviator, really well done, love the clothes, cars and planes.
Ever in Oregon? Do take time to visit Evergreen aviation museum,
The Spruce Goose or Hercules plane by Howard Hughes is there and much more.
"The way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future..."

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Car Wash.
A lot of great cars in the movie, too bad they didn't use them to prop up the plot.
I like 70's movies anyway.
They did show one of my fantasy cars in it, a 71 Lincoln Mark III. It was being washed.
What car did they show more than that? A Gremlin. :(

Edward

Bartender
From Dusk Til Dawn. Still holds up seventeen years later. It'll never get the respect it deserves as it's such a genre piece, but Harvey Keitel's performance as the preacher losing his faith who recovers it to fight off true evil (even if he himself ends up sacrificed in the process) simply cannot be bettered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto