Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I watched "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" a few nights ago with a friend and we were both happy with the film. Nothing that hasn't been seen a million times before, but it doesn't waste time and keeps the action coming. In tone and pacing, it reminded me of the Mummy movies.

It's not historically accurate, incidently.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I watched "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" a few nights ago with a friend and we were both happy with the film. Nothing that hasn't been seen a million times before, but it doesn't waste time and keeps the action coming. In tone and pacing, it reminded me of the Mummy movies.

It's not historically accurate, incidently.
My wife and I saw it too, in 3D. What? He WASN'T a vampire hunter on the side? :)
Very well written and played out.
This afternoon I watched Super Cops. Based on a true story. A bit slow but I enjoyed it.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Night Of The Ghouls from 1959, not released until 23yrs later, when someone bought the rights to Plan 9 From Outer Space, and this was released to them (held for lack of payment from Ed Wood Jr.).
Once again, great idea in theory, but bad way (although I don't think so) in carrying it out.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
^^Wade Williams was the man. A film developer in Hollywood (I think Consolidated over on Seward St.) held the negatives all that time because Wood couldn't pay the development fee. Night of the Ghouls is better made than Plan 9 (for what that's worth), but consequently not quite as campy.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
^^Wade Williams was the man. A film developer in Hollywood (I think Consolidated over on Seward St.) held the negatives all that time because Wood couldn't pay the development fee. Night of the Ghouls is better made than Plan 9 (for what that's worth), but consequently not quite as campy.
Yeah, my wife and I were laughing about the fact NOTG got 3.6 on Internet Movie Data Base and my wife said "that high, dern this must be his biggest one yet." LOL
Here's the conclusion we came to, after seeing all but one of his films. "His ideas for the movies were really great, however he wasn't as good with actually working it out on film, as he did on paper." Plus his "company" of actors/actresses tried their hardest but unfortunately that wasn't their field of expertise. :) There was 1 guy in NOTG, playing a Captain. He was a writer, producer, and stuntman in several successful westerns. Must have paid like $100 dollars for that guy! ;)

ROCKY
I need to lose a few pounds for the Holidays, so that I can gain a few pounds over the Holidays. LOL

Rocky gets me motivated.

Hey Adrean, WE did it.

Best regards
CCJ

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Last night I went to the lovely deco Hayden Orpheum Theatre to see a screening of On Her Majestys Secret Service. George Lazenby attended & gave a talk before the movie began.
8110564518_e780115446.jpg

Here's George signing autographs. He told lots of funny stories about the making of the movie & how he was cast in the role. He was very entertaining. The print of the film was excellent too, so it was a really good night.
8110551205_ba158f13a4_n.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Frankenweenie.
I've had Halloweenies, but never Frankenweenies. I'll have to check that one out.
Earlier it was The Line Up with Eli Walach. Really a great Film Noir with a wonderful view of San Francisco from the late 50's.
Plenty of Chrysler cars with fins, I guess they were paid well.
Now it's Little Giant with Edward G Robinson playing an end of prohibition liquor runner. Done in 1933 (2yrs after Little Caesar) this is when he was really getting hot IMHO.

I've had Halloweenies, but never Frankenweenies. I'll have to check that one out.
Earlier it was The Line Up with Eli Walach. Really a great Film Noir with a wonderful view of San Francisco from the late 50's.
Plenty of Chrysler cars with fins, I guess they were paid well.
Now it's Little Giant with Edward G Robinson playing an end of prohibition liquor runner. Done in 1933 (2yrs after Little Caesar) this is when he was really getting hot IMHO.

It was a fine enough movie. Currently watching, "Blazing Saddles."

Last night I went to the lovely deco Hayden Orpheum Theatre to see a screening of On Her Majestys Secret Service. George Lazenby attended & gave a talk before the movie began.
8110564518_e780115446.jpg

Here's George signing autographs. He told lots of funny stories about the making of the movie & how he was cast in the role. He was very entertaining. The print of the film was excellent too, so it was a really good night.
8110551205_ba158f13a4_n.jpg

I am officially jealous now. Sounds like a great evening!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy