Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I can'tt remember where I saw it the first time (either at Film Forum here in NYC or perhaps on Turner Classic Movies).

This time ... er, um, perhaps I should PM you.

SugarCoatedKid

New in Town
Today i watched Teachers Pet. So funny. Clark Gable is gorgeous...and Doris Day is stunning.
& i think im driving my family crazy with the fact that i enjoy older films & they...well...don't. But i think they will learn to appreciate them the more i watch them & refuse to turn it off. =0)

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I'm in the final moments of FOUR JILLS IN A JEEP, which claims to be based on the actual experiences of its four leads -- Kay Francis, Carole Landis, Martha Raye, and Mitzi Mayfair -- while touring for the USO during World War II. It's mostly an excuse to string together a bunch of musical and comic numbers by that quartet and a few other performers, Carmen Miranda, Alice Faye, and Phil Silvers among them.

It's also meant to be an inspiration to the folks on the home front, of course.

It's frothy when it's not downright sappy, but I'm a bit of a sucker for this kind of thing.

VM._SX100_SY140_.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
There Will Be Blood

It's being touted as the year's best film; I guess I'll have to watch it again. :eek:

Spiffy

A-List Customer
About 3/4 of Rebecca, and the Bollywood classic Awara, which is kind of like if The Godfather met Romeo and Juliet in a courtroom drama and chatted about nature vs. nurture.
Gotta love film school!lol

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Spiffy said:
About 3/4 of Rebecca, and the Bollywood classic Awara, which is kind of like if The Godfather met Romeo and Juliet in a courtroom drama and chatted about nature vs. nurture.
Gotta love film school!lol

Awara sounds great. Goes on my must-see list.

Anyone unfamiliar with Bollywood should watch Lagaan, and see if you aren't hooked.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Away From Her- It was sad and sweet. My favorite part is when they are living the hospital waiting room and Fiona turns to her husband and says "What an ugly baby!" in refrence to a crying enfant.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Jovan said:
Why? They were perfect. There would have been disparities between their singing and speaking voices had they gone that route.

Biopics go both ways on this. Sissy Spacek did her own singing as Loretta Lynn in Coal Miner's Daughter, to deserved great acclaim and an Academy Award. Jessica Lange lip-synched the very distinctive-sounding Patsy Cline in Sweet Dreams, and got less acclaim (although it's still a darn good performance, and earned Lange an Oscar nomination). Angela Bassett lip-synched Tina Turner in What's Love Got to Do With It: another Oscar nomination, but not a win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou