Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
I watch a lot of horror movies from Netflix and last night I watched "Ghost Story" with Fred Astaire and Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. It was about a group of old men who were haunted by a woman they murdered back in the 1930s, so there were a lot of scenes that showed nice cars, clothes, hats and the general atmosphere of that time period. It's a cute movie.

51f7pOXw9FL_zpsd4a38988.jpg

I watch a lot of horror movies from Netflix and last night I watched "Ghost Story" with Fred Astaire and Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. It was about a group of old men who were haunted by a woman they murdered back in the 1930s, so there were a lot of scenes that showed nice cars, clothes, hats and the general atmosphere of that time period. It's a cute movie.

51f7pOXw9FL_zpsd4a38988.jpg

The part where they haul the car out of the lake and the "thing" lunges at them when the open the door---classic. :p

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Skyfall on Blu-Ray. I think I liked it even better upon this second viewing. Great extras on the Blu-Ray, too. I am hoping they will ask Sam Mendes to direct the next Bond film.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
"Kansas City Confidential" John Payne, Jack Elam, Lee Van Cleef. I think this might be the youngest and earliest I've ever seen Jack Elam. After all, he eventually became one of the most beloved characters of the West. At least that's what he said at the end of "Support Your Local Sheriff" or was that "Support Your Local Gunfighter"?

Anyway this was the first time I saw this Noir film. I liked it.

"Kansas City Confidential" John Payne, Jack Elam, Lee Van Cleef. I think this might be the youngest and earliest I've ever seen Jack Elam. After all, he eventually became one of the most beloved characters of the West. At least that's what he said at the end of "Support Your Local Sheriff" or was that "Support Your Local Gunfighter"?

Anyway this was the first time I saw this Noir film. I liked it.

That was also the first appearance of Lee Van Cleef. Great movie and ending.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Guy Ritchie's "Sherlock Holmes" My 13 year old is a big Holmes fan. We've gotten all the way through the complete works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle on CD (perfect for long trips in the car). This was our first time watching it together.

followed by

"Another Thin Man" So many great one liners in the flick, a great mystery, I love how they set it up in a way that when Landis is shot, the audience has multiple choices for the actual killer.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I had just seen The Untouchables, and I thought it was great. Great cast, with Sean Connery, Robert De Niro, and Kevin Costner. I like Ennio Morricone's soundtrack, too. It isn't period accurate, but fun to listen to, and even reminiscent of Once Upon a Time in the West and The Sicilian Clan.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
If you're like me, you've got a few movies that you can put in the DVD player and just have playing in the background while you're working. With the holiday today I was going through some paperwork and the movie of choice "The Quite Man". I stopped what I was doing a few times to watch for a while, but mostly it was on for some familiar background noise. I'm expecting to hear "No patty fingers if ye please" at least once tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran